View Single Post
      11-24-2008, 10:52 PM   #11
rzm3
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthirtyfizle View Post
^^ Yes, but there is a difference between also riding on the bump stops and once in a blue moon. I have had my car for 3 months now and only once have i had 4 ppl in it. Either way, im open to anything. Only problem is I have heard one person having a malfunction with neibach and one with H&R. This have absolytely nothing to do with the springs but reality is once u bring it in they dont care. Dealer will deff blame the springs. Now with the H&R drop its a differnt story. Becasue altho u may not get any errors, u are deff hurting the shocks.
These cars are designed to work with loads... 882 lbs max to be exact... they are tested around the Nürburgring with tons of equipment in the trunk. Whether it be one person or four persons, the car is designed to work under these permissible loads... and hence riding on bumpstops (you will be on them with just two 160lb persons). So just because you don't have friends doesn't mean that the M3 is not designed to be driven with friends... j/k

You are right that the dealer will play the "you've got aftermarket spings" card, and that's a risk you have to take as I said before.
Appreciate 0