View Single Post
      04-14-2023, 09:45 PM   #1114
baron95
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
SSK is just the generic terms for Short Shift Kit. It typically refers to anything from just shortening the top of the shift lever, to a complete overhaul of the entire shift linkage.

Rogue Engineering, UUC, Auto Solutions are just some who make SSK's for many of the BMW generations.

I have experienced UUC and Auto Solutions in the F8x generation. The Auto Solutions is the better one by far. They don't offer an off the shelf common solution, they engineer each one of them for your specific usage.
- They alter the geometry of the shifter linkage
- They retain the main carrier arm (very solid in these cars)
- Different fulcrum (pivot) mechanism
- Replaces some of the bushings with increased hardness ones

When you talk to Ron @ Auto Solutions, he asks you about the typical usage of the car (street vs. track vs. drag), whether or not you want to retain the stock knob, whether you want to retain the stock height of the knob, the percentage of shift throw reduction, etc. Based on this mini-interview, he recommends a specific configuration (which you are free to alter any way you want). Then he makes it for you. And not for a ton of money, it's just a little bit more than the other ones.

My results were a smooth yet much more precise engagement feel, reduced throw, stock appearance. Huge difference.
Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed answer. Much appreciated.

I'm now leaning back to the manual. Which is great given how many of the HEA cars are manuals, with luck I'll land one soon.
Appreciate 0