Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
BMWBLOG: BMW Says You Should Buy A Manual M Car While You Still Can

Get 'em while you can!

Before anyone jumps to conclusions, it's highly unlikely they will get rid of the MT during the entire lifecycle of the G87. IMO there will always be a base model with MT, but don't expect any further power increases due to the limitations of the MT in its current iteration. Don't see them improving it to handle more power, there's no ROI for it.

Before someone chimes in that there are tuned G8x with MT and no issues you're missing the point. Yes, everything has some tolerance built into it that exceeds what it's rated at, but BMW has to warranty their cars. They will not give it more power unless they surprise us and upgrade the MT which I highly doubt will happen. The Z4 IMO got the MT because Toyota did the heavy cost lifting and BMW piggybacked off that effort.
So with the marketed power bump on the MY25, will this also power bump the 6MT? I think it has more than enough power as is, I personally would not tune it for more. My friend has a racechip and says 550hp is peak before you start slipping the clutch at 600hp. Not sure if that’s a true statement or not.

I can see a 500hp 6MT, but then again when dynoed stock, we are almost there.
Appreciate 1
Resoelg258.00