View Single Post
      04-01-2024, 02:50 PM   #64
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2siast View Post
If it’s already something you can set, how would the device be useful in this case, what’s the use case exactly? Changing it alongside a screen change, maybe?
Startup. Don't have to hit ANY buttons, car just goes into the settings I want it in, what the OP was looking for in this thread. Changes the screen to sport displays. If I want DSC off or MDM Mode on I don't have to hit the button a second time it will set that as well (I will keep a 2 button press to confirm going into a DSC off mode though, that's a conscious thing I will keep). [Hopefully will] Turn off or on rev matching for downshifts. -- I could also program all of these settings to one of the M buttons so a physical thing has to be done or keep the double press for DSC off but could also change the rev matching and sport display along with the macro and not have to interact with some stupid screen. The only reason I tuned my F80 was to turn off rev matching in all drive modes. That's the kind of Gen-X ding-dong I am , but that CS tune was pretty amazing waking the F80 up on road courses, that midrange....

[Hopefully] Resets my and my passenger's temperature and HVAC controls to preset temps on startup, auto recirculate, AC on (my wife messes up her HVAC controls constantly in her X5 using the menus, expect the same to happen).

[Maybe] for those who don't like the screen going back to regular displays when you go into cruise control, going into cruise control can be a trigger to toggle the screen back to sport display.

Anything I can program to a physical button and not have to go into the iDrive system to change, I can make those changes through a macro. Theoretically can program macros to run with specific events (cruise control activated - wait 1 second then turn sport display back on).

Set it and forget it. That's what I'm looking for. Plus I love programming and tinkering, for me the price is worth the fun of figuring it out. I'm a digital guy with analog preferences...

Last edited by Mr. Hankey; 04-01-2024 at 03:07 PM..
Appreciate 2
M2siast5961.50
Baller151.50