Puuhapete
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: 2020 X1 25e, 2021 Taycan 4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Your country is next to my original homeland

I’m not surprised over the BEV preferential treatment hearing from my family how cars are treated with environmental taxes etc. Many of my childhood friends who I used to discuss Akra pipes, cylinder bore, piston speed etc with are now mostly discussing the classes and EV range...

I’ve owned cars with the non M ZF8 and the Getrag 6sp AT before it and know I’ll be ok with them. The M-DCT I had was nice on the track but today it feels ancient and uncivilized vs the like of the PDK. If I had to choose between the M-DCT and the latest ZF I’ll take ZF.

ZF8: Great for daily use, acceptable on the track.
M-DCT: Great on track, acceptable for daily use.
6MT: Awesome on both but my wife has grown too lazy for it . As anyone over 40 that has grown up in a practically MT only country she drives it better than most Americans. Just don’t want to anymore.

The G8X will be 100% daily use the first two years for us and then maybe 25/75 depending on many things.
You are from Sweden?

It will be interesting to see how the G8X will be in real life and also the performance numbers. I will always have my love for BMW as I am grown up with that brand. Both my E92 M3 and this F80 have been a joy to drive and also all the BMW:s before those. And my wifes car is a X1 hybrid, which I think for the money is the best car we have ever had. It also does not feel heavy at all. I really enjoy driving that. If only the gearshaft would be smaller and more stylish, it would be perfect.
Its interesting to see, if I ever go back to petrol cars. I would really enjoy a third car cabriolet like a Z4 f.ex. but we do not have the space.

In normal driving the ZF8 is great I have no doubt about that. I would probably use the auto also on track as it felt impossible for me to hit the gears in the right moment on the M5.
Actually I forgot one great experience when driving a new model and that was 2-3 years ago when I drove the M3 CS. I was really close to buy it but it was just too expensive even used. Top 3 car I ever have driven, I liked it much more than a M3 CSL back in the days.

You have ordered your new M3/M4 already?
Appreciate 0