View Single Post
      07-02-2008, 01:16 PM   #15
M3OwnerHtown
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Coupe, Blk/Blk

Warning, Warning, Warning ...

So I called Formula one on Friday afternoon(June 27th) and spoke to John about putting Pinnacle on my car. I did not mention what type of vehicle I had specifically(believe I said I had a G35 coupe) and quoted me $350 is the best price he could give. After going home that night I decided that I would go ahead Sat morning at 9am to get the tint installed. I get there and meet him and asked if he would work a deal on the $350 quote if I had a few more guys from the forum go to him. He stated to me he would never have quoted Pinnacle at $350 and that he sells that tint for $400 all day long ... I told him that thats what he told me over the phone($350) after I mentioned that in Austin they were installing the same tint for $299. I was SHOCKED that just because I rolled up in a BMW his lost his memory ... man was I pissed off. He then said $375 is the best price ... talk about bait and switch. This guy told me twice over the phone that he would do it for $350 but when I rolled up in the M3 total different tune. Finally, he agreed to do it for $350 and I didn't want to get into an arguement with him otherwise he could've screwed up the tint job.

But get this, then he had the nerve to call the tint shop in Austin while I was standing there to see if I was bullshitting or not ... when he called them he told them that he has a 2008 M3 over the phone, according to him he told me that said $375 .. I said, that's because you told them what type of vehicle ... of course they're going to quote you higher.

Either way I let him to the tint job ... came out great. I told him I'd mention this on the forum and that he would give the same price $350 to you guys on here.
Appreciate 0