View Single Post
      05-27-2023, 01:00 PM   #85
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctothej View Post
1. The G87 is 0.3+ seconds quicker 0-60 than the F87 comp.
2. The G87 is better planted and turns into corners better
3. The S58 is faster at the top end than the S55. Where exactly do you expect the F87C to beat the G87? Be it in a straight or a track. The weight difference does not make up for these. And without the weight difference, the gap might have been 2.8 seconds+, but no point speculating as we don't know real world times yet.

2.5 seconds on a track is significant mate. It's the same difference between the G87 and the M4 CSL and the ZR1 and it would be ludicrous of me to suggest the G87 can beat them, with everything else being equal.

Once we all accept that technology improves over time and so do performance stats (HP, speed, lap times etc), it will be a lot easier to move forward.
Tires alone can help in lateral grip, corner speed, braking, putting power down out of corners. I could easily see a DTC Comp on Cup 2 getting within 1sec of F87CS time. Newer PS4S have been proven to be 1sec slower over 1min lap vs Cup 2. The older PSS is an inferior tire to PS4S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02M3ForMe View Post
Interestingly, in the Motor Trend thread where MT declares the G87 a thorough performance upgrade over the F87 CS, lots of people said the results were obvious and that *of course* the G87 beat the old car at everything. Yet, here we are.
I said it above, very surprised the G87 on Cup 2's wasn't quicker than F87CS. G82 has been proven to put down quicker lap times than the outgoing F82CS.
Appreciate 0