05-18-2023, 09:25 PM   #87
AlpineBoost
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 Civic Type R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidget View Post
Not everyone in the forum is a homer with blinders on.
Right, not to generalize but it seems to me that most current G87 owners or people showing real interest in owning one aren't the type to defend the brand at all costs. A lot of us didn't like the design choices for the M3/M4 and the M2 design is actually bringing in people new to the brand. I never thought I'd own another BMW after just 1 but the G87 seems that special to me and we've only seen the base model so far.

I actually find a lot of positive in what Jason is saying for what I want in a car that will be primarily used as a daily driver. The crap I don't like about the M2 probably just takes some getting used to, changed permanently in the UI, coded out, etc. Right now I split daily duty between a 335i and a Veloster N. One is harsh, as fast as you'll ever need for the street but 15 years old, while the other is brand new and a hoot but not near fast enough. I want a better balance between the two cars. I have a long commute (80+ mins each way on paper) and am always trying to get from A to B as fast as possible, especially heading to work. I take a completely different route home since back roads are actually quicker that time of day where I'm sure I'll find the M2 to be plenty fun.
Appreciate 3
m2ss1790.00
ronin130131000.50
Slick1984234.50