View Single Post
      05-27-2023, 07:01 PM   #108
Ctothej
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport, BMW G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimasis View Post
I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this but here we go...

I've watched a lot of reviews about the G87 M2 and I've read pages of reactions on this forum. M2 is not a perfect car and I think people here should be able to take some criticism about their cars. Any reviewer who said anything that wasn't positive about the M2 got called out here and that's ridiculous IMO...they are just stating their opinion and what they want in the car, plus its better to have honest reviews rather than some channels out there who just talk about the positives not to piss anybody off.

That's just my 2 cents to not get mad or defensive about everything.
100% - take the flaws with the positives. But it works both ways, the G87 bashing is uncalled for, as is any F87 bashing. The G87 is in every sense, "The new M2", whether anyone likes it or not. Ask BMW if you don't believe me.

The G87 is a better car performance wise and tech wise.
The F87 is still a good car performance wise but is now old gen by virtue of the G87 being its successor.

Looks are subjective. Comments on looks are opinions, and just that. Some of us love it, some of us don't, as is with everything else in life.

Driving dynamics are subjective. A great example is Thomas v James - former loves his BMWs and the latter his Audis.

Does the G87 have its flaws? Ofcourse. Does the F87 have its flaws? Ofcourse. I don't believe anyone here has ever said the G87 is the best car in the world PERIOD and the same with the F87.

The purpose of this forum is to discuss the car - and along with, anything negative and/or positive said about the car, and one's opinion about it. Beyond that, each to their own. The bashing needs to stop. As long as it doesn't, the defense will continue - it's only normal to want to defend something you believe to be inaccurate.

The last I will say about this.
Appreciate 7
RoidRage1503.50
aerobod3625.50
Squidget3529.00