View Single Post
      05-11-2015, 06:45 PM   #3
cmkde
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 15' M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MENAC3 View Post
Hey guys I have a question. I have a 6MT F80 and recently I've noticed like once every few days down shifting into second or third gear in sport it feels like the gear shifter is moving something out of the way to get into gear. There is no grinding noise made and the gear always goes into place. When I did the 1200 mile service BMW did not change my MT fluid.

Any idea what to do? I'm going to change the MT fluid soon and see if the problem persists. Any experts please chime in!
I've had this issue too, and even within the first 200mi I had a couple shifts that felt like lockouts when trying to downshift into 2nd and 3rd. I called my service tech locally and he said within the first 2000mi or so you can expect to get some quirkiness from the MT's from time to time but it's nothing to be worried about unless it's consistent. I really took that as he was saying user error and if I wanted I could bring it down and he'd look at it and hook it up to diagnostics if I needed a 100% for sure answer. If it's worth anything, the tech I was speaking to owns a 15' M3 and has been pretty straight forward with me on my previous car as well.

I will say that my 1200mi service is coming up this weekend or next and they will be doing my MT fluid and it's a little concerning that it's a 50/50 split with dealerships doing it and not doing it. You'd think by now they'd all be able to agree whether it needs to be done or not.
Appreciate 1