11-05-2016, 11:23 PM   #2
ScarecrowBoat
Zooombie attaaack!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Thrillride View Post
I bought the 435 this spring after no longer imagining the M4 as my dream car. Test driving an M6 changed that. Not so satisfied with the 435 so I acquired My dream car last week and the 435 will be my track car.

I am no longer racing motorcycles and turned my race bike back to street but need to get back to the track. Looking at Area 27 in Oliver ATM but Mission is closest.

So, to track the 435 at Mission I know I don't need much power but the N55 needs more power down low. If you know Mission, you also know one needs a good brake setup and a better handling car. This is what I've done to the 435 thus far. Looking for suggestions:

FBO with JB4 and retained MPE exhaust
I already have MPE aerodynamics which may be moot anyways
M4 carbon fiber strut brace which tightens up struts and reduces body roll...theoretically
All other body reinforcements as on M4. Extension strut rods, etc. lightened reinforcing plates, etc.

Winter projects needing advice:
Change out rotors with drilled/slotted two piece (RacingBrake?)
Change out front and rear pads (Pagid?)
See how MP brakes perform and go to 6-pot if the MPEs don't perform
Change out suspension but no idea what to do as it's xDrive (trade for bone stock 440 RWD 6MT?...start over)
Camber plates?
Lighten the car up a bit
18 inch wheels?
Track tires of some sort
I may be a squid and get the Electronic steering wheel.

Thoughts? I am a noob to car racing but have my SCCBC novice in a '08 325.
I'm sorry, but let me get this straight. You bought an M6 and a 435i and you are DD the M6 and want to track the 435i? Just do both with the M6, that's what it's for. You're going to spend so much time and money trying to make the 4 series half of what the M6 is and it will never give you the same thrill.
Appreciate 0