View Single Post
      02-11-2021, 11:06 PM   #3
bimmerwerks
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05xdrive40I

Quote:
Originally Posted by PREDATOR 007 View Post
I'm down here in Sarasota on vacation and ended up with a couple of rock chips in the front end. I had a local guy that travels from dealer to dealer take care of the chips.

I told him that i was planning on having a PPF and ceramic as soon as we got back home. He was emphatic that I should not have the PPF done. He recommended two coats of ceramic and leave it alone. He said there are to many issues over time with the PPF. Said a good ceramic is all I need.

Thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PREDATOR 007 View Post
I'm down here in Sarasota on vacation and ended up with a couple of rock chips in the front end. I had a local guy that travels from dealer to dealer take care of the chips.

I told him that i was planning on having a PPF and ceramic as soon as we got back home. He was emphatic that I should not have the PPF done. He recommended two coats of ceramic and leave it alone. He said there are to many issues over time with the PPF. Said a good ceramic is all I need.

Thoughts?

Of course if everyone gets ppf no one will need touch up done...

And no that's not true

I have my PPF for almost 5 years and still not yellowing or any bubble or anything. I had to take one panel redone and it came off without any problem....

Good ceramic coating can be more expensive but does not nearly protects rock chips... even if you put two coats, it will still be thinner than PPF.

If I were you I get ppf and since ppf needs wax or some kind of sealant, you can put ceramic coating on top of ppf to make it shinier and smoother
Appreciate 0