View Single Post
      05-29-2023, 10:14 AM   #8
Hendo741
Chief Petty Officer
Rep
Drives: 22 M4CX / 22 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power Rob View Post
JB4 = absolute junk (sorry, just had to...big hater of piggyback garbage (they arent tunes so I cant call it other than anything more than what it is)).
100% disagree. I've run a JB4 on 4 different vehicle, 2 B58 2 S58, and never had a single issue on any of them. I'm currently running one on my X3M as the M4CX did get femto unlocked and flex fuel tuned, but the JB4 was on it for months before shipping off the ECU.

Is a JB4 as good as a flash tune? No. Is it a much cheaper and simpler power adder? Yes. If someone were to just want a simple stg 1 or 2 OTS tune and never go deeper, I would recommend a JB4 over the current process every time. Similar power levels for much less of an investment. JB4 can also be removed and sold. A seller is unlikely to recoup any of the unlock money because most of these cars just get traded in.

I also wouldn't ever try to push big power with one either. I just run maps 2 or 4 and call it a day. Its very limited in that regard because they cant adjust fuel or timing. 100 hp for $650 or so used is a great investment considering you can just resell when done using and break even. Very much not garbage imo.