04-24-2014, 10:21 AM   #8
trucheli
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Porsche 911 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by basscadet View Post
The Carrera S is a sports car, the M3/M4 is a sporty luxury car. Two entirely different performance capabilities.

The Porsche is MUCH more expensive because, part-per-part, it has more expensive components and is built to higher standards with better materials. Porsches are the best built cars money can buy. Period. Are they worth the $50k premium? I do not think so. But just don't ever get behind the wheel of one because it will ruin you.
I have been driving M3s since 2008 and I have been considering jumping to the C2S. I have compared the M4 loaded with the Carrera S not so much loaded and the difference is $30,000. I have been to the Porsche factory in Stuttgart and I saw first hand the reason for the cost. First, P cars are completely made by hand, the only robot used is to mount the windshield. Second, the quality of the paint, leather, engine and transmission parts are superior to BMW (orange peel is all over the place on any BMW car). Third, performance is superior due to its weight to horsepower ratio. As you metioned a true sport car. Unfortunately, I need to save money for another year in order to afford my dream car. I wonder why did you mean by "it will ruin you".