View Single Post
      05-22-2023, 09:21 AM   #6
JNevs32
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeBimmers View Post
Hi everyone, newbie here.

I was hoping to find a tuning shop faciliating FEMTO cloning/unlocking in-person close to the north-western area of Chicago. I'm aware that the price would probably be fairly high for something like this.

I've been able to find some places offering a "FEMTO service" but they're in totally different states. I tried explicitly searching for "Illinois" on google, but no dice.

I'm looking into to FEMTO cloning/unlocking for a G42 2023 M240 and I'm thinking of minimizing downtime and risk by having a shop perform the removal of the ECU, as well as the insurance/support/etc. when sending it over to finland. I'm thinking of going with MHD, b/c the universal adapter works with xHP, but I may go with a custom tune at some point. Haven't really looked into the ECU to purchase for FEMTO cloning, but based on information floating around it seems if you buy a pre-2020 one you can update it without it relocking (?). Seems you can just do the pre-2020 bench unlock even if that previous statement is untrue.

Most of the information I've been able to gather about ECU tuning post 2020 bmw's have come from various posts here, so I thought this might be a good place to ask.

Also apparently BMW removed the pops and bangs from the ECU map for newer cars and that's kind of sad.

Performance Eurowerks in Elk Grove does this. They installed my AA downpipe, Dinan Intake, and JB4. They recommended against the JB4, but I still had them install it until I decide to have them ship my ECU to FEMTO. They are super knowledgeable guys and have shipped many ECUs. They also have their own dyno and can provide you with a custom tune. If you do decide to use them for this service, let me know how it goes.

https://www.performanceeurowerks.com/

Last edited by JNevs32; 05-22-2023 at 09:27 AM..
Appreciate 0