bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) App, Nav, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

05-10-2024, 11:09 PM   #23
Jacob657
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 230i Sport Line

Garage List
2018 BMW 230i  [8.50]
Was having issues with Carplay refusing to connect since I updated to iOS Beta before this recent 17.5 or whatever came out. Simple solution was to ensure the car’s wifi “direct-bmw-….” is set to auto join. This immediately fixed my connection issue.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2024, 07:10 AM   #24
X3M40iHODGY
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

I find CarPlay is temperamental if I switch between iPhone key, Digital keycard and old skool key. It seems to have issues with BMWIDs....
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2024, 10:54 AM   #25
kanpan
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyc4242 View Post
Does anyone elses' CarPlay also say Unavalibile on songs and you can't use the steering wheel to change the song ? UNTIL you re-connect CarPlay

Yes, I have this issue as well. It’s annoying. To me, this is so basic, I can’t figure out why BMW can’t fix this. Every time it happens, which is like twice a day, I have to disconnect CarPlay, and then connect again. Every couple of weeks I have to delete the phone profile and then reestablish new connection.

If you have a fix for this, I would really love to know.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2024, 10:57 AM   #26
kanpan
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNTDG42 View Post
My CarPlay "skips" but it occurs only at specific locations, and extremely dependably. There are a few spots I have memorized near my home where I can confidently guarantee that it will skip for a moment as we pass through. Very odd IMHO.
There’s radio or electrical equipment around those areas that’s causing interference with Bluetooth.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2024, 12:34 PM   #27
PNTDG42
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G42, F97 LCI, EBA R35, Z34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanpan View Post
There’s radio or electrical equipment around those areas that’s causing interference with Bluetooth.
Likely, but in the middle of corn fields (literally) it still seems extremely odd. Something underground or something.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2024, 04:40 AM   #28
jammy8911
Rep
Drives: BMW G42

Not strictly the same as others on this thread but here is something I have observed...

I have my phone connected to Android Auto but still listen to music through the cars built in Spotify app. However occasionally out of nowhere the cars Spotify app will 'stop' and Android auto will kick in but keep the music paused. I have noticed this happens in the exact same locations each time so my suspicion is that the car is losing its cellular signal and falling back to Android auto.

Perhaps a similar thing is happening here with Carplay, either the phone or the car is losing cellular signal and its interrupting the carplay session in some way?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2024, 05:18 PM   #29
Littlecoupe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Android Auto here, but when I took my car to the dealer, I thought it was odd that my Android Auto immediately disconnected when entering the parking lot, and refused to work. I asked the service advisor if anyone else noticed that, and she said it's the overhead power lines. When customers take new delivery of their BMW, they need to take the car to a different parking lot to set up their phone/AA/Car Play. I guess electrical interference can play a significant factor in connectivity.

I can't speak to out in the middle of corn fields, but maybe that's an issue with cell signal.

After how many years since the inception of Bluetooth and WiFi, you'd think it would just work better and more consistently by now.
Appreciate 0