bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

Yesterday, 10:42 AM   #1
M240RK
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i, F32 420d

Bad smell from boot of brand new m240i

So there isn't a proper place for this question as it's a bit unusual.

I got my M240i brand new with 10 miles on it, and I haven't yet used the boot for anything more than a few bags with clothes shopping in it.

But there is a bad smell coming from the boot and if I get really close it seems like it's coming from the boot liner itself.

Has anyone else experienced this, I have also never had a brand new car before so do you think this can fade over time? It's not a massive issue but when the AC is on the smell vaguely comes through to the rest of the car.

I didn't really notice it at first but now the new car smell has worn off I can't not notice it.

The dealership also did a GardX ceramic coating and they also told me they did an interior stain proofing/water proofing. Could the product they used cause this? I doubt it though because it's only in the boot where the smell is originating from.

Bit of a weird question but has anyone else experienced this?

Also any tips on getting rid of the smell and not just covering it up?

Thanks
Appreciate 0