bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) App, Nav, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

09-27-2024, 09:15 PM   #1
thetryal
1 expensive toy
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i G42

Bimmercode w/ ID8 - heated seats not saving

I have used bimmercode successfully to change the dip on the mirrors, start in sport individual, and a few others.

I would like to have the heated seats always on from the used setting and/or always start when the car turns on. For some reason the coding is not taking and after the car sits overnight I have to activate my heated seats again.

Any ideas?

TIA
      Yesterday, 08:41 AM   #2
jammy8911
Rep
Drives: BMW G42

Does your car not just remember your seat setting anyway? I have a G42 with ID8 and if I set my heated seat to 'High' for example it will remember this setting and anytime I get in the car and the ambient temp is below whatever value BMW have set my seat comes on automatically.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:10 AM   #3
Littlecoupe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

As jammy8911 stated, the car does remember the heated seat setting by default in ID8, at least if you have "automatic climate" set. I can't speak if you have that function turned off.

Also, I tried coding the heated seats as you did and found a strange side effect. With the climate set to Automatic, there were days that the heated seat icon was off, but I am certain the heated seat was on, and I did not want it on. I think programming the heated seat in Bimmercode has some background function that retains the last setting and overrides what is in the climate screen in the moment. For example, if I had the seats on the drive before, but I start the car the following morning and turn the seats off, they would still be heating. It was odd.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:44 PM   #4
thetryal
1 expensive toy
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i G42

Thanks for the replies.

I really wish it would save from the last time and/or start at a certain temperature. I can try fiddling with the automatic climate control and see what difference that makes. Usually i just leave it at 60-65 and adjust the blower speed and location.

i tried coding the seat for 15 minutes, 24 hours, and unlimited and nothing took. I heard about it ghosting like that, so I would agree something is a side effect.

Last edited by thetryal; Yesterday at 05:54 PM..
Appreciate 0