BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion

09-17-2024, 05:26 PM   #177
Neusser
Captain
Rep
Drives: G31 540i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportySpice View Post
The “straw man” argument is yours. YOU are the one claiming I can’t drive my car and believe that climate change is happening.

Since you want to play this game, I do take buses and trains. I drive less than 4,000 miles per year. I fly rarely and I don’t eat beef.

But I don’t operate a utility company. I’m not forcing people to return to offices and commuting after remote work has proven effective. I’m not building and selling giant houses in far flung suburbs. I don’t take private jets or fly commercial ones frequently. I’m not lobbying politicians to ignore carbon emissions. And I’m not on social media spreading fake news.

As I’ve said already in this post that I support research and investment in FCEVs, BEVs, and alternative fuels. I support investment in public transportation and walkable communities. You’re welcome.
A straw man is a silly caricature of your interlocutor's argument that makes the argument appear easy to defeat. A fallacy.

Back to reality: I asked you why you why you drive a gas guzzling B58 (M-Perf. version) when it would make far more sense to live in line with your beliefs.

Purchase an "environmentally friendly" car?

This is not complicated, but cognitive dissonance sure gets the emotions out on display.

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2024, 05:35 PM   #178
Neusser
Captain
Rep

Quote:
What? Who at Davos wants to put you on a carbon tracker and social credit? For what purpose? Do you actually think the people at Davos are more elite, richer, and exert more control than the people and countries running the fossil fuel industry?

You made some weird claim about somebody (the Davos people?) ending personal ownership. Why? .

The comment I made was merely the tip of the iceberg--a reference to a video WEF put out in which they say directly that "You will own nothing and be happy."

The reams of information on this subject are easy to find. I have worked on materials for Agenda 2030 (part of The Great Reset) as well as seminars on the IoB and IoT (which are really one and the same) and how digital information on all aspects of your life will be centralized at the international level and linked to your incoming digital ID as well as a social credit score.

I even worked on a sample document containing a model for how one's access could be refused at a fully digitally staffed hotel (I will not mention the chain) if they were not "vaccinated" or did not have enough social credit points. Similar models are being considered for vehicles, banking, and other areas of life.

I no longer work at the employer who was heavily involved in this, as I could not in good conscience continue, but I can say that it was a top US consulting company.

Back to owning nothing--that you are not even aware of this tiny snippet of information (the video) but charge in headfirst says all I need to know.

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2024, 05:47 PM   #179
BroDoze
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2025 M2 LCI cometh

Cow farts
      09-17-2024, 05:58 PM   #180
SportySpice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neusser View Post
A straw man is a silly caricature of your interlocutor's argument that makes the argument appear easy to defeat. A fallacy.

Back to reality: I asked you why you why you drive a gas guzzling B58 (M-Perf. version) when it would make far more sense to live in line with your beliefs.

Purchase an "environmentally friendly" car?

This is not complicated, but cognitive dissonance sure gets the emotions out on display.

You keep using these words - do you know what they mean? YOU built the “straw man.” Where have I demonstrated “cognitive dissonance?” What “emotion” is on display? You have no argument so you’re deflecting and distracting.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2024, 06:02 PM   #181
SportySpice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The comment I made was merely the tip of the iceberg—a reference to a video WEF put out in which they say directly that "You will own nothing and be happy."

The reams of information on this subject are easy to find. I have worked on materials for Agenda 2030 (part of The Great Reset) as well as seminars on the IoB and IoT (which are really one and the same) and how digital information on all aspects of your life will be centralized at the international level and linked to your incoming digital ID as well as a social credit score.

I even worked on a sample document containing a model for how one's access could be refused at a fully digitally staffed hotel (I will not mention the chain) if they were not "vaccinated" or did not have enough social credit points. Similar models are being considered for vehicles, banking, and other areas of life.

I no longer work at the employer who was heavily involved in this, as I could not in good conscience continue, but I can say that it was a top US consulting company.

Back to owning nothing—that you are not even aware of this tiny snippet of information (the video) but charge in headfirst says all I need to know.

Provide some REPUTABLE sources since they’re so extensive.

Your climate change denialism and unhinged conspiracy theories tell me all I need to know
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2024, 09:58 PM   #182
Tejas1836
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5MC Workmaster 75

Quote:

Your climate change denialism and unhinged conspiracy theories tell me all I need to know
LOL
      Yesterday, 05:01 AM   #183
Neusser
Captain
Rep

Quote:
You keep using these words - do you know what they mean? YOU built the “straw man.” Where have I demonstrated “cognitive dissonance?” What “emotion” is on display? You have no argument so you’re deflecting and distracting.
I said you drive a gas guzzler and that this fact is inconsistent with your virtue signaling.

You then said I claimed you should not own a car. That is a straw man. A caricature of what I said. We both know your beliefs and actions are inconsistent here. But take solace, you are hardly alone. Quite dishonest, ofc.

Exhibit B: Our local Green Party distributes campaign posters from the back of a Cayenne Turbo owned by one of the (local) party bigwigs who lives in a 4-million-euro villa around the corner.

Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:17 AM   #184
Neusser
Captain
Rep

Quote:

You can start here.

https://www.malone.news/p/the-great-...m-with-chinese

You may also want to consider a less emotional response in the future.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:07 AM   #185
SportySpice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I said you drive a gas guzzler and that this fact is inconsistent with your virtue signaling.

You then said I claimed you should not own a car. That is a straw man. A caricature of what I said. We both know your beliefs and actions are inconsistent here. But take solace, you are hardly alone. Quite dishonest, ofc.

Exhibit B: Our local Green Party distributes campaign posters from the back of a Cayenne Turbo owned by one of the (local) party bigwigs who lives in a 4-million-euro villa around the corner.

You questioned why I own my car because I accept the science of climate change. That is the straw man.

How are my beliefs and actions inconsistent? You told me to take the bus. I do take the bus. You lost that argument so you’re latched onto my car. If you think climate change isn’t an issue and more emissions are better because plants and greening, why aren’t you driving an X7 or a 20 year old Chevy Suburban? Do you see how stupid and disingenuous your argument is? Probably not because you keep trying to make it.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:13 AM   #186
SportySpice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You can start here.

https://www.malone.news/p/the-great-reset-capitalism-with-chinese

You may also want to consider a less emotional response in the future.
Lol I said REPUTABLE. You’re seriously using an antivaxxer known for spreading misinformation during the COVID pandemic as a source? Explains a lot. You may want to do a little less worrying about my car and a little more digging into the source of the crackpot conspiracy theories you’ve latched on to.

I’ll worry about my emotions when you address your health, mental and otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:39 AM   #187
David70
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 20 AM Vantage -13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Eco-greenie with his B58.

It takes all kinds, I guess.

Best I can tell from your posts are that someone can't believe in global warming unless they are doing everything possible to prevent it. Makes no sense.
      Yesterday, 03:17 PM   #188
Neusser
Captain
Rep

Quote:
You questioned why I own my car because I accept the science of climate change. That is the straw man.

How are my beliefs and actions inconsistent? You told me to take the bus. I do take the bus. You lost that argument so you’re latched onto my car. If you think climate change isn’t an issue and more emissions are better because plants and greening, why aren’t you driving an X7 or a 20 year old Chevy Suburban? Do you see how stupid and disingenuous your argument is? Probably not because you keep trying to make it.
It's all in black and white. I pointed out that you own a gas guzzler and asked why not drive something more appropriate, or why not take the bus?

Still no answer to the question, ofc.

Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:24 PM   #189
Neusser
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Lol I said REPUTABLE. You’re seriously using an antivaxxer known for spreading misinformation during the COVID pandemic as a source? Explains a lot. You may want to do a little less worrying about my car and a little more digging into the source of the crackpot conspiracy theories you’ve latched on to.

I’ll worry about my emotions when you address your health, mental and otherwise.
Malone invented MRNA tech.

His information as it pertains to technocracy and Davos is a compilation of more knowledgable folks, ofc.

If a major player like Malone could wake up, imagine what could lie in your future, Sporty Spice.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:13 PM   #190
Skyscraper
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition

Garage List

This could be a repeat post because I got burnt out on the rhetoric. Then I see it morfed into an environment debate. Again.

A lot of the posts are from people that have no idea how a hydrogen powered car would work or the fuel. Hydrogen is still electric. The hydrogen cell is basically a hydrogen powered generator.
Amazon is currently converting all of their electric rechargeable fork lifts to hydrogen powered. Look up PLUG energy. They have been struggling for over 20 years with private funding to get this technology going.

Why so long? Because crooked politicians chose Tesla to give our tax dollars to. We funded the development, the infrastructure and subsidize every car sold with tax dollars.
Do you think they were going to do that for Toyota or BMW? Hell no. Where’s the kick back for my mansion?, said Pilosi.

Hydrogen fuel stations need two things. A water line and power line. You can manufacture hydrogen at the station. Amazon has installed two on site stations this year. How bad does a rechargeable fork lift need to be for Amazon to invest into this change?

Second hurdle is on site generating fuel stations. Imiagin being a technology that kills mining, processing, shipping across oceans, delivering to stations, ect.

Tesla kept all of those processes in business and created even more.

Hydrogen has a mountain to climb because it’s a true disruption to the global economy.

This is a summary post to shed some quick facts, so save the internet search debate for someone who cares.
Appreciate 0