BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion

05-20-2024, 08:09 AM   #45
JustcallmeToby
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
Not true. Only MHD tunes have an option to modify emissions settings in the ecu which is against the law. They’ve gotten away with it for now because they aren’t a US tuning company. No US tuner will alter ecu parameters to allow you to pass without cats. It’s not spreading misinformation. What you’ve done is against US law and you openly admit it. Way to go.

Here’s a link to the EPA emissions tampering:

https://www.epa.gov/sites/default/fi...s-enfalert.pdf

you giving weird vibes. The goverment fucks you everyday but yet you care about what the EPA thinks. Blue pill type of guy
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2024, 09:29 AM   #46
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustcallmeToby View Post
you giving weird vibes. The goverment fucks you everyday but yet you care about what the EPA thinks. Blue pill type of guy
Not an any type pill guy. What “weird vibes”? Speaking truthfully? Yeah, truth doesn’t matter any more so I guess it would feel weird. You clearly do not see the big picture probably from the pills you’re taking. You’re not screwing the epa, you’re screwing the only planet we have. Millions of small contributors leads to significant concentration over time. I guess you’re living for you and your generation only. I’ve spent the past 35 years developing tools to measure changes in surface, snow and sea temperatures from space. Global warming is real whether you don’t believe it.
Appreciate 2
      05-20-2024, 10:14 AM   #47
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

You probably don’t like the people who gave private jets or ride on them, the Indian and Chinese coal power plants, the electric car drivers who use cars with batteries that take a tremendous toll on the environment to produce, the US government for producing the most oil in the world, etc. It does not seem like you live off grid and you drive a really expensive car. Maybe sell it and ride a bike give the proceeds to save the planet types.
Appreciate 2
      05-20-2024, 10:54 AM   #48
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
You probably don’t like the people who gave private jets or ride on them, the Indian and Chinese coal power plants, the electric car drivers who use cars with batteries that take a tremendous toll on the environment to produce, the US government for producing the most oil in the world, etc. It does not seem like you live off grid and you drive a really expensive car. Maybe sell it and ride a bike give the proceeds to save the planet types.
The problem isn’t limited to cars. It’s all sources of transportation, private jets are a concern especially when used for 30 min flights which would have had similar arrival time by car (getting to the airport, flight check, flight clearance, flight take off, never reaching cruising altitude, landing at airport, taxing, exiting the air plane, climbing into a car, and driving to your destination >>> 30 min flight time. I am personally not a fan of EVs because they’re just as bad but for different reasons (e.g., contaminating fresh water to extract key minerals need for EV batteries and newer motors). Yes, we can only control our own emissions, not the world’s, especially if we pull ourselves from world pollution coalitions/treaties. If no one cares about emissions then there’s a finite amount of time left, long before our sun dies out in terms of 100s or 1000s but nowhere near 10B years. I’ve seen first hand data and over my career the changes to our planet are massively huge. Sounds like everyone wants to live for “me” and only “me”. Not even an attempt to minimize your carbon footprint. All I know is I won’t be around when it happens but future generations will. Basically, you’re saying a big fuck you to future generations. Good job. Kept throwing shit my way, I can take it
Appreciate 1
      05-20-2024, 05:44 PM   #49
JustcallmeToby
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I Xdrive

Quote:
Not an any type pill guy. What “weird vibes”? Speaking truthfully? Yeah, truth doesn’t matter any more so I guess it would feel weird. You clearly do not see the big picture probably from the pills you’re taking. You’re not screwing the epa, you’re screwing the only planet we have. Millions of small contributors leads to significant concentration over time. I guess you’re living for you and your generation only. I’ve spent the past 35 years developing tools to measure changes in surface, snow and sea temperatures from space. Global warming is real whether you don’t believe it.

this will be the last time i comment on something foolish like this. you do know
chlorofluorocarbons kill the ozone right ? These can be found in everything from fridges , AC's & your typical spray cans. Are people all of sudden going to stop buying Air conditioner units or Fridges ? NO of course not. You understand the planet heals itself correct? its something that has sustained before us and will be here much after us. You spent 35 years developing tools to measure changes in temps throughout all these changes than why aren't you actively on some sort of committee explaining the dangers of lithium so you are so concerned about gas powered vehicles. If you were this research and analyst like you claim to be you would be explaining how the mining of all these electrical vehicle batteries is causing more harm to "OUR WORLD" more than any gas powered car on this planet. You took time to go on bimmerpost and explain to guys how what i am doing is illegal but yet in reality what happens to us on the daily is illegal. Have a good day man
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2024, 06:08 PM   #50
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustcallmeToby View Post
this will be the last time i comment on something foolish like this. you do know
chlorofluorocarbons kill the ozone right ? These can be found in everything from fridges , AC's & your typical spray cans. Are people all of sudden going to stop buying Air conditioner units or Fridges ? NO of course not. You understand the planet heals itself correct? its something that has sustained before us and will be here much after us. You spent 35 years developing tools to measure changes in temps throughout all these changes than why aren't you actively on some sort of committee explaining the dangers of lithium so you are so concerned about gas powered vehicles. If you were this research and analyst like you claim to be you would be explaining how the mining of all these electrical vehicle batteries is causing more harm to "OUR WORLD" more than any gas powered car on this planet. You took time to go on bimmerpost and explain to guys how what i am doing is illegal but yet in reality what happens to us on the daily is illegal. Have a good day man
You haven’t seen the GOP six bills called the Stop Unaffordable Dishwasher Standards Act, the Liberty in Laundry Act, the Affordable Air Conditioning Act, the Clothes Dryer Reliability Act, the Hands Off Our Home Appliances Act and the Refrigerator Freedom Act.

I’m an engineer, not a scientist. However, do have discussions with scientists using the data collected from multiple space vehicles processed into temperatures, depth of moisture content in land and snow, and wind speed direction and velocity. The scientists are the ones presenting the data, not the engineers. We’re actively working on developing the next generation of earth measuring space vehicles. I don’t have the time to support committees and, again, it not what I’m hired to do.

Sounds like you want to live in an environment similar to the Industrial Revolution where zero conditions for the planet were even considered. You do the best you can to minimize, not maximize, your own carbon footprint if you want the planet to survive for as long as possible. Clearly you see no point to reduce emissions where we can, you prefer wide open emissions. It’s clear who you want the next POTUS to be which will also end what remaining democracy we have left.
Appreciate 1
      05-20-2024, 09:10 PM   #51
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Lost me here. I agree with everything else, I stop here at climate change BS. It's climate engineering, orchestrated by the US government (actually G7 Governments) that include cloud seeding and radiating the ionosphere to heat up local areas causing a variety of effects.

You might have heard of them under Operation Popeeye and HAARP.
      05-20-2024, 10:04 PM   #52
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
Lost me here. I agree with everything else, I stop here at climate change BS. It's climate engineering, orchestrated by the US government (actually G7 Governments) that include cloud seeding and radiating the ionosphere to heat up local areas causing a variety of effects.

You might have heard of them under Operation Popeeye and HAARP.
I don’t see us eliminating the need for crude oil because it’s in almost every product you buy. Cutting back where you can does add up the significant savings. For example, the rule of thumb for unmanned space missions is $11k/lbm sent into orbit. So if you slim down large structural parts by 1-2 mil and smaller structural parts by 15-20 mil, you end up saving 20-30 lbm over the entire structure or $220-330k which can be applied to tertiary payloads, other subsystems, etc. Basically, small changes can help in the long run.

I have not heard of them. Like I said my job isn’t to process collected data and convert it into meaningful distilled data used by other scientists. I’ll talk to the scientists three-four times per year. I’m extremely busy doing my own job.
Appreciate 1
      05-21-2024, 09:40 AM   #53
cooolone2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 20' M240iX B58, 01' 330XI E46

Some bad information here, like not being able to "detune" emissions... Oh yes I can, if I'm tracking a car and it's not on the street, I can remove all! The new progressively endowed EPA would like to expand it's powers not bestowed upon it by Congress to appease the tree huggers, but that's all going out the window once the SCOTUS finishes it's ruling on Chevron.

Anyways, my last tuning software had full capability on the ECU (non BMW). And I could do what I want, as it should be, with my privately owned vehicle that doesn't touch public roads. And so what if it does... Want to compare my carbon output compared to one of those private planes carrying two people plus staff coast to coast? So the elitist bull dinky that You Can All Have Your Cake Too nonsense has to stop! The Do What I Say, not as I Do garbage is old. I'll give up my climate polluting vehicle when you start taking the train everywhere! Then we will be equal (somewhat)... Just like I'll give up my Firearms when you give up your security detail (armed).

It's a joke of course, but unfortunately that joke is on every single individual that falls for the nonsense...

Do what you wanna do, have fun, smile always! Pursue Happiness as it applies to you. Because that's what life is all about!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 04:00 PM   #54
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooolone2 View Post
Some bad information here, like not being able to "detune" emissions... Oh yes I can, if I'm tracking a car and it's not on the street, I can remove all! The new progressively endowed EPA would like to expand it's powers not bestowed upon it by Congress to appease the tree huggers, but that's all going out the window once the SCOTUS finishes it's ruling on Chevron.

Anyways, my last tuning software had full capability on the ECU (non BMW). And I could do what I want, as it should be, with my privately owned vehicle that doesn't touch public roads. And so what if it does... Want to compare my carbon output compared to one of those private planes carrying two people plus staff coast to coast? So the elitist bull dinky that You Can All Have Your Cake Too nonsense has to stop! The Do What I Say, not as I Do garbage is old. I'll give up my climate polluting vehicle when you start taking the train everywhere! Then we will be equal (somewhat)... Just like I'll give up my Firearms when you give up your security detail (armed).

It's a joke of course, but unfortunately that joke is on every single individual that falls for the nonsense...

Do what you wanna do, have fun, smile always! Pursue Happiness as it applies to you. Because that's what life is all about!
There are a few US tuning companies that allow you to set all emissions items “green” whether they are there or not. However, if they are caught then they’ll get hit with a hefty fine. Some well know race/aftermarket tuning shops that have100% stopped selling tunes to cars registered for driving on the street. I was not suggesting you eliminate 100% of your carbon footprint and, the ultra rich as usual, get away with considerably larger carbon footprints. It’s impossible because most of all products on the market use crude oil somewhere in their manufacturing process. It’ll be at least 50+ yrs before we lose our dependence on crude oil or perhaps never. If everyone in this country reduces their carbon footprint by just 10% that would not be an insignificant reduction in carbon footprint.

I fully understand your positions since this is a car enthusiast forum and we all try to extract 10-20% more power and torque. I’ve been guilty of this myself but over the past five years, I no longer chase the highest whp and wheel torque numbers. These latest g8x, f8x, f10 and f90 generations make it so easy to make more power and torque yet stage 2 tunes can run stock DPs now (at least on the f8x). Decatting is for sound only and it sounds terrible on most aftermarket exhaust systems.

Doing something is better than doing nothing. If your a “me first” type, I hope you don’t have kids.
Appreciate 1