home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Today, 06:37 PM   #1
okllee
Registered
Rep
Drives: f80

Help with Rebuilding My N55 F32

I had a 2014 bmw 435 and i drove it though water and it was water damaged and written off. BMW told me it was likely bent rods as it had a bad compression test. It still runs just a rough idle. I bought it back from auction and am planning on rebuilding the engine. Im planning on replacing rods, all bearings, rod bolts, piston rings and maybe pistons. should I replace the crank? Is there anything else that should be replaced? what is the best brand for each of the parts? is there any upgrades/mods that defiantly should be done when I have the engine out? does anyone know where I can find any guides on removing the engine and/or rebuilding the engine? thank you
Appreciate 0
      Today, 08:46 PM   #2
NervoS
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G05,E39,E46,R53

The best brand of each part is BMW. Or, OEM, but you need to know which OEM produced which part. I'd recommend to go to ECSTuning.com, they usually gives you multiple options, including OEM. You don't have to buy from ECSTuning, but they have one of the best sites with photos and stuff. You can buy from them too, it is one of the best place, along with FCPEuro, rmeuropean, autohausaz.

As to crank - once you have rods out you can assess the state of the rods journals, as well as you would be able to assess bearings. Most likely, crank is fine.

All the seals, all the gaskets, all the bearings - probably, a good idea to replace too.
Appreciate 0