E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E92 325i Msport story so far....

10-05-2016, 06:18 AM   #1
Stevie99s
Rep
Drives: E92 325I m sport (n52k)

E92 325i Msport story so far....

Hi thought it was about time I added my car to here.....most of this is copied from my pistonheads thread so there may be a few bits missing....

Hi, I picked this up a couple of months ago now & after getting a few bits & pieces done thought it was about time I had some pictures up! I've made a new thread for this as I had a few others for past cars but for reference this has replaced a Mk1 Fabia vrs & Astra vxr amongst many others!

Due to a change in job (id done 30k miles in a year in the vrs) I now pretty much have no commute due to driving work vehicles. I've been doing the sensible buying house malarkey etc. so didn't want to spend a small fortune, lease deals were tempting but id hardly be using it so not worthwhile, so I set a budget of around £6k. Now at this end of the market there was high mileage 320D's & the odd petrol but they all looked like dogs, about to up the budget when I came across a 3 owner example which looked promising, after a quick call I had arranged to travel to Birmingham to view. On arrival it was better than expected! bar a few stone chips it really is immaculate with not one scuff or scratch, full service history, 91k, new Pirelli run flats (will be getting changed) & although not a 330, it was the early N52 325 auto which I had wanted as its regarded as more reliable. the seller was great and selling on behalf of a family member struggling with the practicalities of the coupe so a deal was done.

It was a 2007 model which was completely standard (sorry don't have pics) but I've since made a few small subtle changes, I've had the alloys refurbed in anthracite, Angel eyes changed to white LED's, peeling steering wheel wrapped & a complete service, full alignment, diff oil, etc. etc. & probably a few other bits I've forgot as I'm planning on keeping it for at least a couple of years as I cant see me losing a fortune on it.

Spec wise its not amazing as its not got Idrive but I'm not really fussed about that tbh, its got the standard xenons, electric alacantra sports seats (which look a lot better in the flesh), auto wipers, lights, professional HU, auto dim mirror, Light pack, etc.

I'm planning on giving it a bit of a detail over the summer as well as sorting the hubs, Callipers etc. as there looking a tad rusty. Its a great all rounder & with a few road trips planned it should suit well, its my first auto and in DS mode you can make good progress however I find it holds onto the gears a tad too long although sometimes I secretly wish it was a manual with that smooth 6 pot

Its also just passed its MOT with no advisories, although ever since having the alloys refurbed its had a slight vibration in the steering wheel & under braking so will have to investigate that.

Anyway a few (crap camera & really filthy) pictures for now......
image upload no limit
image hosting free no registration
upload image free
picture host
temporary image hosting
image hosting over 2mb
image upload no compression
upload an image
jpg images
pic upload

[footnote]Edited by stevie99s on Friday 17th June 14:15[/footnote]

Last edited by Stevie99s; 10-05-2016 at 06:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 06:20 AM   #2
Stevie99s
Rep

Bit of an update as I've done a few more miles in the beemer, although not without a few hiccups, still really enjoying it, the drive train is soo smooth compared to the diesels I usually drive for work but now for the hiccups. Still trying to get to the bottom of a steering wheel shimmy, looks like it could be wishbones which will be the next item to rule out. Its also had a replacement eccentric camshaft sensor this weekend which was a pig of a job! (although I cant take the credit for doing it but it looked bad!). Also finally managed to give it a wash today so a few more pictures.

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 06:20 AM   #3
Stevie99s
Rep

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 06:21 AM   #4
Stevie99s
Rep

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 06:22 AM   #5
Stevie99s
Rep

A bit of an update, I finally seem to have got to the bottom of the steering wheel vibration and brake judder . I had the front discs skimmed as they were quite recent which sorted the juddering but didn't affect the shimmy, I then replaced both upper and lower control arms with trw items which thankfully eliminated about 95% of the vibration......I'm rest assured I'm just being picky and anal by a couple of people that's driven it and can't feel anything. I had the alignment done again after they were installed and it now drives brilliantly again.

I'm not using it much at the moment unfortunately but had a trip to the borders yesterday and got a few pics whilst having a pit stop. Plans next are to wear these runflats down and get some non runflats fitted all round that should improve the ride hopefully. I've only done a few thousand since it was serviced but I've always been quite anal with oil changes and ECP had an offer on so got a few bits ready for another change shortly, will probably do 5k changes as it's soo cheap and I'm planning on keeping her.

Anyway a few pics from yesterday....

[footnote]Edited by stevie99s on Monday 3rd October 12:00[/footnote]
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 06:23 AM   #6
Stevie99s
Rep

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 06:24 AM   #7
Stevie99s
Rep

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 06:25 AM   #8
Stevie99s
Rep

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 06:32 AM   #9
Stevie99s
Rep

I've just managed to go through it's history in detail and was pleasantly surprised that obviously no expense has been spared and it's clearly been looked after. Amongst the many receipts including well over £1k for some runflats! Ouch! It's had the common dsc unit replaced and looking at the history in more detail it's never gone over 15k without an oil change.......still too long tho.

Plans next are possibly some spacers on the rear but I'm worried that they may scrub which has put me off?

I'm also wanting to do something about the gearbox oil as it's coming up to 96k, even just a drain and fill, any ideas?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 07:18 AM   #10
hazkirby
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Nice !

Cloth trim better in every way other than stain removal and looks!

No sweaty back in the summer, freezing cold in the winter, no slipping about etc
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 10:20 AM   #11
Stevie99s
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazkirby View Post
Nice !

Cloth trim better in every way other than stain removal and looks!

No sweaty back in the summer, freezing cold in the winter, no slipping about etc
Yeah, I love the Alacantara, a friend has leather and it seems really plasticky and cheap, not like leather in e39s I've seen!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 01:37 PM   #12
HollowmanVIII
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series E92

Nice example mate. Love the choice of wheel colour against the silver body. I know this is cliche but LCI taillights would really freshen the rear end up. One of the best cosmetic mods you can do on the E92.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2016, 09:06 AM   #13
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Nice example definitely. I'm partial to Titan Silver hence mines the same colour lol.

Wheel colour is a good contrast. What other plans do you have?
      10-06-2016, 01:14 PM   #14
Stevie99s
Rep

Cheers guys, appreciate the comments, Re the lci rear lights I keep looking at them but I promised myself I wouldn't spend a fortune on this as I did with my previous vxr 😁 & £4/500 for rear lights seems a bit ott but that may change of I can get some at a decent price haha.

I'm in two minds about getting some rear spacers as the stance at the back annoys me but I do drive it quite hard tbh sometimes and I wouldn't want any scraping or any more vibrations etc. As I've never had spacers......however I am tempted.

Not really a fan of black kidney grilles but I may get a boot spoiler of some sort to tidy up the rear and just more maintenance and driving really 😁
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2016, 01:39 PM   #15
HollowmanVIII
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series E92

Shop around for LCI tails as you can pick them up new for under £300 usually. I had some on my silver 320i and they looked great. I obviously have them as standard now on my LCI 325i but definitely worth shopping around.

Re: Spoiler, I'm hoping to get the M3 spoiler lip. They put it on the Coupe's stock on the sport plus editions and I think they look great. They just add that little something extra but subtle to the rear.
Appreciate 0