bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

10-30-2022, 06:06 PM   #1
MunkyTool
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 Comp X-Drive

Garage List
White Haze Spot on New 2023 G80 BSM

Have this hazy round spot on my hood. Car has only been washed once since pickup. Hand wash only. No wax. Just polish.

Took some Adams Polish with a microfiber to it and did nothing.

I have an appointment set for ceramic coating in a couple weeks so I'm guessing the paint correction will take car of it but still curious what people here think.

Any quick / easy way for me to handle now so my OCD can chill out for a couple minutes?

(The white haze circle is in the middle. All the other noise in the photo is just the ceiling of the garage reflecting.)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2022, 03:19 PM   #2
PHXATC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 911 '20 430i '20 Explorer

So did you polish that area before you said "i took some Adam's polish to it..."?

I wouldn't stress it, it is probably some leftover body panel covering smears or someone at the dealer tried to buff it out with something. If it doesn't have any protection on it, just leave it alone until the paint correction person does their magic and it will come right out and be fine. It looks like, from what I can tell, the pic is a little poor to discern the suspect spot, some light hazing or leftover product.

What color paint?
Appreciate 1
MunkyTool563.00
      10-31-2022, 05:57 PM   #3
MunkyTool
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXATC View Post
So did you polish that area before you said "i took some Adam's polish to it..."?

I wouldn't stress it, it is probably some leftover body panel covering smears or someone at the dealer tried to buff it out with something. If it doesn't have any protection on it, just leave it alone until the paint correction person does their magic and it will come right out and be fine. It looks like, from what I can tell, the pic is a little poor to discern the suspect spot, some light hazing or leftover product.

What color paint?
Black Sapphire Metallic

I had the car hand washed at my usual spot and noticed right when I got home. That's when I took a little spray polish to see if would help. I don't not actually "polish" the car.

Doubt it was something they did at the car wash. You're probably right about dealer messing it up.

Will try and get a better pick.
Appreciate 1
PHXATC82.00
      10-31-2022, 08:06 PM   #4
luckylingy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X3M

Haze like that is likely from a medium polish and pad (commonly used by a dealer to remove blemish noticed upon arrival). That can (and should have been) followed up with a fine polish and pad. The PPF shop will remedy that during their paint correction process.
Appreciate 1
MunkyTool563.00
      11-01-2022, 04:04 PM   #5
PHXATC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 911 '20 430i '20 Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkyTool View Post
Black Sapphire Metallic

I had the car hand washed at my usual spot and noticed right when I got home. That's when I took a little spray polish to see if would help. I don't not actually "polish" the car.

Doubt it was something they did at the car wash. You're probably right about dealer messing it up.

BSM was in your thread title, duh. Sorry about that.

I would bet $ that the dealer put some product on there and/or tried to polish it and didn't check it and correct it before delivery.

I still wouldn't worry and the paint correction peeps will take care of it before they put the PPF on it. Be sure to point it out so they notice it as well and there's no issues later.

Easy fix, PPF installed, and you're off and driving!!
Appreciate 1
MunkyTool563.00
      11-01-2022, 08:08 PM   #6
MunkyTool
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXATC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkyTool View Post
Black Sapphire Metallic

BSM was in your thread title, duh. Sorry about that.

I would bet $ that the dealer put some product on there and/or tried to polish it and didn't check it and correct it before delivery.

I still wouldn't worry and the paint correction peeps will take care of it before they put the PPF on it. Be sure to point it out so they notice it as well and there's no issues later.

Easy fix, PPF installed, and you're off and driving!!
Yeah, dealer mishap is my guess. Doing Ceramic Coating and not PPF but same paint correction process beforehand so hopefully all will be good soon.
Appreciate 1
PHXATC82.00
      11-02-2022, 12:55 PM   #7
OEM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3

A good one step polish should remove it, most PPF shops will do that before installing their film. Like mention before, its heavy cut compound (old school 3m compound probably) that body shops and dealers use and most do not finish it properly.
Appreciate 1
MunkyTool563.00