BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Bmw M2 Rein aluminum coolant hose flange

05-06-2024, 07:14 PM   #45
ggggbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 Manual

I originally bought the Rein adapter to put on my M235 a few years ago. Went to put it in and found that the hose/fitting assembly was in great shape, and would take quite a bit of work to separate. I wasn't comfortable with this, and ordered the ECS fitting and hose kit. Very high quality and very happy with it.

This past weekend I did the same job on my M2. Again, was very happy with the quality of the ECS kit.

In both cases, the car was ~7 years old with ~50K miles, and the original fitting was in excellent shape. But there are enough horror stories that I felt it was a worthwhile upgrade. Also did the coolant overflow hose at the same time. That one is a no-brainer to replace.

I drained coolant from the left front lower radiator. Works great, and pulls about 4.1 liters from the cooling system. But, pulling the hose from the thermostat still drops a lot of coolant into the metal structural tray on the sub-frame. What a mess. If you can, you might want to try and suck coolant out of this hose from the top before you remove it.

Also, DON'T drop the fitting bolts. They are fiddly, and it's so easy to drop them. Of course, I dropped one. I was able reach it by going in through a space by the left front wheel with a long magnetic want. It is kind of annoying that you should replace the bolts when you pull that cover. Makes it harder not being to easily drop it for jobs like this.

Oh, and still have the Rein fitting new in a box. Cheap enough it's not worth shipping, but if you're in the Minneapolis area and want it, let me know.
Appreciate 2
jello183.50
jefe2000785.00