home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

05-08-2024, 07:46 PM   #1
IMS M3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3, '98 M3

Anyone running 824M 18" square wheels? Or another 18" setup? Looking for feedback

Couldn't find a thread with someone running 18" square 824M wheels (G8x base model front wheels). Has anyone done this? Want to confirm fitment and get any impressions on ride improvement. Feedback welcome on any other 18" setups and/or softer tires.

Commuting back and forth to NYC regularly and want better pothole protection, better ride and (if possible) less road noise.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 09:26 PM   #2
Ronin76
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMS M3 View Post
Couldn't find a thread with someone running 18" square 824M wheels (G8x base model front wheels). Has anyone done this? Want to confirm fitment and get any impressions on ride improvement. Feedback welcome on any other 18" setups and/or softer tires.

Commuting back and forth to NYC regularly and want better pothole protection, better ride and (if possible) less road noise.
I would think smaller tires will equal larger sidewall which would then equal more compliant and softer ride. I can’t say anything about the wheels. If 18s are what you want then go for it. If 18s fit on the M3/M4 they should fit on the M2. I think most people in this forum are sticking with 19/20 or 20 square.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2024, 06:27 PM   #3
two_three_two
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BSM G87, Mk4 R32

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMS M3 View Post

i am running 824Ms on SportContact6s (OEM G80 wheel and tire setup) so 18/19s. the 18s are only 9.5 in wide so personally i would not want to run them on the rear because you are realistically not going to be able to run wider than a 275. moving to the setup did help with ride comfort a bit but by no means will this be a luxury car experience.

by coincidence, i ran to DC and back (starting not far from you) in 24 hours for client work this week and you will get thoroughly jostled on those rough bits of 95 (even in comfort) south of, and through NYC. it was totally doable but don't expect this to totally transform the character of the ride. however- it does feel like the rims are very much protected. i ate some nasty potholes and while the suspension felt them, it never crashed into the bottom of the travel once. it made me happy that i moved to the new set up for sure.

i was previously thinking i would move to a 19 in square 824M setup but i am currently rethinking that.
Appreciate 0