bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

06-23-2024, 09:21 AM   #1
bimmerbran
2025 BMW X5 M60i
Rep
Drives: 2025 BMW X5 M60i

2025 Fully Loaded M60i PPF + Ceramic Coating + Tint in ATL/Chatt area

Hey all!

First time BMW owner here, and will be taking ownership of my freshly built 2025 X5 M60i in Tanzanite Blue II Metallic + Tartufo Merino Leather this week.

It is fully loaded, and was about $113,000 before my discounts from MSRP. Therefore, I want complete peace of mind when I am driving her around. I already have wheel/rim/tire protection, but no extended warranty (will add that later on). I will likely drive less than 5,000 miles/yr, including 1-2 drives across the country (1000+ miles...I am moving)

I wanted to get it shipped covered from the dealership directly to a shop to do a full PPF + ceramic coating before I even drive it, however I am struggling to decide what price is acceptable and if the shop is high quality or not. Many have a lot of reviews but mostly for tints.

Yes, I know a front PPF would be cheaper and be "good enough", but that doesn't cover my doors getting scratched, someone keying it (hey, it happens), UV/sun damage, a rock chipping the doors, etc. I also live in the mountains and there is snow during the winter and bad roads.

I *say* I plan to have this car 5-10 years (my last was my first and I had it for 12 - 08 Acura TSX), but it's hard to say that I won't change my mind and trade in sooner. The only reason I think I'd do this is if self driving advanced a lot, considering my M60 is fully loaded and not lacking any features.

I have two quotes so far:

[B]Shop One - uses Stek or Immortal, and said front PPF would be $6,000, and full $12,000. Talked to the owner for a while on the phone - super nice guy and seemed super legit and I know his work would be awesome, but that is very expensive.

Shop Two - - uses Suntek and 3M (I don't see Stek on their authorized brands).

Quote:

Quote:
Ultimate Truck / SUV PPF Clear Bra: $8,106.34

Full vehicle coverage, full hood & trunk, full front fenders, full mirrors,
full front & rear bumpers, headlights, A-Pillars, full doors, rear
quarters, full roof and full rear hood.

Ceramic Ultimate Truck / SUV: $2,663.50

Includes: Wash-dry, clay bar paint, light compound-polish, alcohol wipe
down, 1-layer ceramic 9H base paint-trim coat, 2-layer ceramic paint -trim
top coat, 2-layer windshield-glass, 2-layer wheel-caliper, 1-layer interior
clean-treatment-textile.Limited Lifetime Warranty

Total: $9,299.98 + supplies + tax = $10,769
Questions:

1. Does anyone recommend a shop in the Atlanta / Chattanooga area that would beat these prices and still do a top tier job? Should I keep looking, or just go with Shop 2?
2. How is the factory tint? Should I consider upgrading that as well? I could probably just do the front side windows to match the factory tint on the rest of the car?
3. Does anyone have tint on their headlights/brake lights? I am thinking about doing that as well, as I like the dark knight look lol
4. What would YOU do to this car if you had it?

Couple pics below from the dealership, thank you all! So happy to be here and a BMW owner and CAN NOT WAIT TO HAVE MY NEW BABY

Last edited by bimmerbran; 06-23-2024 at 02:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2024, 02:55 PM   #2
MADBMWX5MC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

Love the color of course, congrats! Someone will chime in and recommend some shops around your area. I have full front, headlights, carbon fiber mirror caps ppf, carbon fiber side vernt ppf, door sill, lower part of doors, and the rear bumper (partial ppf)...in all was about $4K....full body may be around $7K I would think...enjoy the ride.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2024, 11:49 PM   #3
evanlol1225
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3mc

Garage List
2021 BMW X3MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerbran View Post
Hey all!

First time BMW owner here, and will be taking ownership of my freshly built 2025 X5 M60i in Tanzanite Blue II Metallic + Tartufo Merino Leather this week.

It is fully loaded, and was about $113,000 before my discounts from MSRP. Therefore, I want complete peace of mind when I am driving her around. I already have wheel/rim/tire protection, but no extended warranty (will add that later on). I will likely drive less than 5,000 miles/yr, including 1-2 drives across the country (1000+ miles...I am moving)

I wanted to get it shipped covered from the dealership directly to a shop to do a full PPF + ceramic coating before I even drive it, however I am struggling to decide what price is acceptable and if the shop is high quality or not. Many have a lot of reviews but mostly for tints.

Yes, I know a front PPF would be cheaper and be "good enough", but that doesn't cover my doors getting scratched, someone keying it (hey, it happens), UV/sun damage, a rock chipping the doors, etc. I also live in the mountains and there is snow during the winter and bad roads.

I *say* I plan to have this car 5-10 years (my last was my first and I had it for 12 - 08 Acura TSX), but it's hard to say that I won't change my mind and trade in sooner. The only reason I think I'd do this is if self driving advanced a lot, considering my M60 is fully loaded and not lacking any features.

I have two quotes so far:

[B]Shop One - uses Stek or Immortal, and said front PPF would be $6,000, and full $12,000. Talked to the owner for a while on the phone - super nice guy and [...]
https://www.lejeuneceramiccoating.com
Give him a yoller.

Don’t worry about brand as much. Just stick with one of the top well known brands. Their top level films all look amazing. (Do stay away from 3M PPF tho.)

Suntek Reaction
Stek
Opticle

Just like you got what you paid for the
fully loaded vehicle. You get what you pay for with PPF.

Won’t be getting getting a $120k suv for 50k and won’t be getting full body ppf installed clean and properly for $5k.

If full ppf is in your budget you won’t regret it will a proper install.

Congrats and good luck!
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2024, 02:02 AM   #4
Sevn86
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 sDrive40i Msport

Those prices seem very high to me. Maybe that’s the going rate local to you but for 12k that’s like doing two full vehicles in PPF in my neck of the woods. Good luck with everything and I hope someone local to you chimes in with suggestions.
Sold - 2018 Range Rover Sport HSE
Sold - 2017 Lexus RX350 Luxury Pkg
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2024, 08:15 AM   #5
CLTMDA
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: ‘73 Mustang Conv, Lucid Air GT

If you would consider a trip to Charlotte, these guys did my Lucid two years ago and they did a great job.

https://www.paintprotectionofcharlotte.com/
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2024, 07:43 PM   #6
louielouie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F80

FYI there's no protection from factory for UV. It's tinted glass not window tint. Getting tint done is a no brainer imo.

You're not going to retain much additional value vs what it'll cost you in a sale of the car if you PPF and it's heavily a cosmetic luxury. Sounds like minor chips etc will bother you though, but will they $7K bother you?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2024, 11:53 AM   #7
bimmerbran
2025 BMW X5 M60i
Rep
Drives: 2025 BMW X5 M60i

I found a shop near the dealership and it has arrived and is starting to be worked on! Doing full Xpel PPF and full ceramic coating. Quote was $9k or so, but got a discount so only paying about $7,000 for the entire car interior and exterior plus tint.

Thank you all!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADBMWX5MC View Post
Love the color of course, congrats! Someone will chime in and recommend some shops around your area. I have full front, headlights, carbon fiber mirror caps ppf, carbon fiber side vernt ppf, door sill, lower part of doors, and the rear bumper (partial ppf)...in all was about $4K....full body may be around $7K I would think...enjoy the ride.
Thank you so much! I originally had Black Sapphire Metallic as I wanted it "murdered out", but after seeing the Tanzanite in person (even on a cloudy day), I had to go that route. I also had Cognac interior (which I still think I prefer over the Tartufo, color wise), however I didn't want fake leather seats on a loaded vehicle...just didn't feel right haha.

I appreciate your reply!
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanlol1225 View Post
https://www.lejeuneceramiccoating.com
Give him a yoller.

Don’t worry about brand as much. Just stick with one of the top well known brands. Their top level films all look amazing. (Do stay away from 3M PPF tho.)

Suntek Reaction
Stek
Opticle

Just like you got what you paid for the
fully loaded vehicle. You get what you pay for with PPF.

Won’t be getting getting a $120k suv for 50k and won’t be getting full body ppf installed clean and properly for $5k.

If full ppf is in your budget you won’t regret it will a proper install.

Congrats and good luck!
Thanks friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevn86 View Post
Those prices seem very high to me. Maybe that’s the going rate local to you but for 12k that’s like doing two full vehicles in PPF in my neck of the woods. Good luck with everything and I hope someone local to you chimes in with suggestions.
Thanks for the input! I'm glad I didn't end up paying that much, so I appreciate it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTMDA View Post
If you would consider a trip to Charlotte, these guys did my Lucid two years ago and they did a great job.

https://www.paintprotectionofcharlotte.com/
I actually lived in CLT for a decade until last year I miss it there! I'll be visiting soon enough with my new baby m60

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie View Post
FYI there's no protection from factory for UV. It's tinted glass not window tint. Getting tint done is a no brainer imo.

You're not going to retain much additional value vs what it'll cost you in a sale of the car if you PPF and it's heavily a cosmetic luxury. Sounds like minor chips etc will bother you though, but will they $7K bother you?
What do you mean tinted glass vs window tint? I am having full PPF+ceramic done, and then the front seat windows tinted to match the rest of the car.

And yes, it will $7k bother me lol I already feel good about getting this done, no point in spending 6 figures on a car and not spending a bit more to ensure it's fully protected. The mental peace of mind is worth it to me.
Appreciate 1
MADBMWX5MC1520.50