BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

07-01-2024, 05:53 AM   #1
g87_la
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Rear Lowering Springs Noise

I keep hearing a rear popping/creaking noise coming from my rear springs after Eibach install. Can hear it over certain bumps and also if I jack the car up. Any ideas what could cause the noises I’m hearing?

Also an independent BMW shop did the install. They are an hour away and honestly didn’t have the warmest feeling leaving the place. I don’t really trust the shop to redo the work. Reused existing hardware and pretty sure nothing was torqued properly. Alignment came out good and seems to be riding “okay” for lowering the car. Just trying to find something I can look at myself.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2024, 12:23 PM   #2
KC87ZB
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [10.00]
Rear springs are pretty easy to do. Why would you think nothing is torqued correctly?

Regardless, I would get the rear in the air and remove the wheels. Check to see if the springs are oriented correctly, are all parts installed - compare the two sides.

It is beyond difficult to diagnose a noise problem on the internet.
      07-01-2024, 12:26 PM   #3
g87_la
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC87ZB View Post
Rear springs are pretty easy to do. Why would you think nothing is torqued correctly?

Regardless, I would get the rear in the air and remove the wheels. Check to see if the springs are oriented correctly, are all parts installed - compare the two sides.

It is beyond difficult to diagnose a noise problem on the internet.
Thanks. I’ll do that today. I’m pretty sure they didn’t torque the rear control arm bolts while on the ground. I probably need to reset the bushings.

I ordered new bolts, would I be bad to replace a bolt one at a time? Without removing any of the springs?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2024, 12:42 PM   #4
KC87ZB
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [10.00]
Normally a good shop would move from a 2-post lift for assembly to a 4 post lift for final torqueing. I cannot answer what the shop did.

Replacing bolts one at a time - I don't know if you really can without removing the spring. You'd be down to the same problem with torqueing as the shop that did the install. My experience is removing the spring and other tension components before removing the control arm bolts.