bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) App, Nav, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

08-16-2024, 04:53 PM   #1
BimmeRahG42
"Thou Shalt Not Drive On Comfort Mode" ~MajPayne
Rep
Drives: E36 328i, 24' G42 M240i xDrive

Android Auto "Hey Google" sometimes doesn't work. ID8

First off I'm new to the ID8 or IDanything really. I have always used the "Hey Google" feature on Android Auto on previous cars and on my m240i its a hit or miss sometimes.
Step by step how the issue occurs: "Hey Google", screen switches to Android Auto view and the "chime" sounds off like its turning into listen mode, the screen dims as well, but the colored bar and response "how can i help you?" doesnt occur. The screen stays dim until I either touch the screen and it goes back to regular screen and starts the music again (if the music was playing). It happens more than not. I cant quite figure out what is causing it not to work. The ID8 is up to date from what Ive seen. Anyone else having this issue and have figured out a fix?
Appreciate 0