bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

08-05-2024, 07:21 PM   #1
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Creatine powder

I've been thinking about adding creatine to my breakfast. So many different brands out there. Is there a general consensus on the best? Most reviews complain about it not dissolving, but I don't think that will be an issue for me as I'll be adding it to a smoothie or other breakfast base like yogurt or kefir.

"Life is uncertain, eat bacon now."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2024, 01:14 PM   #2
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I think as long as you get creatine monohydrate then you should be fine. I forgot how I settled on Bulk Supplements but that's the brand I purchase from. They're one of the cheapest in price, available from Amazon, and have received good reviews.

If I let the powder sit in a liquid for a while, it'll eventually dissolve fully. But what I do is mix it with orange juice. After drinking the mixture stirring it with a spoon while drinking, I add water to the cup and drink the rest while still stirring with a spoon. It gets a lot of it but there is still some left over residue.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2024, 05:50 PM   #3
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

I was mixing it in with my cereal in the morning. But I have to back off it for a bit because I'm breaking out in hives, which I've read can happen with some users. If the hives go away, I'll know it was the creatine. The hives started the day after I first tried it. I thought at first it was just a mosquito bite, but then I had two, then four, and now 6 nasty hives. I'm glad I bought a small bottle of it to start.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2024, 02:45 AM   #4
Peter_1995
Registered
Rep
Drives: F44 S2

Creatine is a naturally occurring compound that helps supply energy to cells, particularly muscle cells. Supplementing with creatine can improve exercise performance and increase muscle mass.

Why not considering pills?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2024, 06:55 AM   #5
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_1995 View Post
Creatine is a naturally occurring compound that helps supply energy to cells, particularly muscle cells. Supplementing with creatine can improve exercise performance and increase muscle mass.

Why not considering pills?
      08-28-2024, 09:16 AM   #6
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
I was mixing it in with my cereal in the morning. But I have to back off it for a bit because I'm breaking out in hives, which I've read can happen with some users. If the hives go away, I'll know it was the creatine. The hives started the day after I first tried it. I thought at first it was just a mosquito bite, but then I had two, then four, and now 6 nasty hives. I'm glad I bought a small bottle of it to start.
Creatine Monohydrate has always been weird for me. I much prefer the liquid diluted in my water bottle + pre-workout + bcaa's. I'm lit up all day when I take creatine + bcca's .

Thorne is a good co for the purest creatine, if you don't want to go the serum route like we discussed in DMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2024, 11:05 AM   #7
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
Creatine Monohydrate has always been weird for me. I much prefer the liquid diluted in my water bottle + pre-workout + bcaa's. I'm lit up all day when I take creatine + bcca's .

Thorne is a good co for the purest creatine, if you don't want to go the serum route like we discussed in DMs.
I'm not sure if it's the creatine itself or some sort of binder they use that made me break out in hives. But I stopped taking it and the hives have cleared up. I doubt I'll try using it again. I didn't feel any different and I gained 3lbs, which is normal when taking creatine as your muscles retain water. That weight went away with the hives.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2024, 12:13 PM   #8
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
I'm not sure if it's the creatine itself or some sort of binder they use that made me break out in hives. But I stopped taking it and the hives have cleared up. I doubt I'll try using it again. I didn't feel any different and I gained 3lbs, which is normal when taking creatine as your muscles retain water. That weight went away with the hives.
You want to try and supplement with pure creatine. No BS additives on the ingredients list.

Ideally avoiding creatine made in china.

Look for a logo "Creapure" on the bottle, ensuring highest potency and purity (made in Germany).

Personally, I place creatine in half a cup of hot boiled water. Creatine dissolves nicely and then I top it up with cold water. I gulp it down and done.
Appreciate 1
      08-28-2024, 12:49 PM   #9
eforty6_m3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 M3 6MT

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
I use Momentous creatine and mix it in with my Ghost Protein Powder. Usually consumed shortly after my gym session.

So far, so good.

'05 BMW M3 6MT (Weekend car)
Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!
Appreciate 1
Wolf 3352507.50
      08-29-2024, 01:15 PM   #10
Akaneedles
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M340xi

Just stick with a creatine monohydrate ,micronized. No need for any different fancy creatine's. You just be paying more for no reason. Got one that is micronized. That will help with the delusion in liquid.
Appreciate 0