home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics

08-06-2024, 11:48 AM   #1
Fastfwd
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '24 G87 M2

Odd Issue With Audio 'Presets' Input

It sure seems like when my audio has been set to the 'Preset' selection that I could navigate through them with my steering wheel buttons up/down to scroll through them.

Recently, however, when I use those buttons on the steering wheel I get switched over to the entire XM Radio list of stations instead of scrolling through my 'Presets' which are a mix of FM Radio and XM Radio picks.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it perhaps a flaw/bug with a recent update to iDrive? Maybe I'm doing something that causes it, but I don't remember this ever happening before and I'm not doing anything different to my knowledge.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2024, 03:55 PM   #2
Fastfwd
Private First Class
Rep

I think I've noticed that my new Uniden R4 radar detector companion app for Iphone seems to be the culprit. I still have no idea how though.

Last weekend was the first lengthy use of the car with the new radar detector. It was also turning the volume up from mute after the companion app would announce messages too which was annoying.

If I didn't see it myself I don't think I would believe it to be possible.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2024, 08:04 PM   #3
canDO_Stef
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: G87

I thought this was standard behaviour. If you select the "Presets" app, you will go through the presets only, if you select "Radio", you go through all stations...
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2024, 04:37 PM   #4
Fastfwd
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by canDO_Stef View Post
I thought this was standard behaviour. If you select the "Presets" app, you will go through the presets only, if you select "Radio", you go through all stations...
If I was unclear - the issue is that once a selection is made of 'Presets' then afterward upon scrolling through the selected 'Presets' the radio decides to jump into the full 'XM Radio' selection and you end up scrolling through that instead.

It doesn't seem logical that an app on my phone could do that, but I have to suspect that it's the source of the problem. It never did that before. I also makes the media switch to Apple Car Play when the companion app is started. Not a big deal on that. It did become a little bothersome that it would decide to unmute the volume randomly to the radio when I guess it was making a verbal announcement over Apple Car Play.

I may try to capture it happening on video and document it. I personally wouldn't believe it to be possible without seeing it happen. I'll post a clip up here if I do.

I'm guessing this app for the Uniden R8 does the same thing? It's basically the same app for another radar detector.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2024, 08:03 PM   #5
G87Mark
Modaholic
Rep
Drives: ’24 MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastfwd View Post
It sure seems like when my audio has been set to the 'Preset' selection that I could navigate through them with my steering wheel buttons up/down to scroll through them.

Recently, however, when I use those buttons on the steering wheel I get switched over to the entire XM Radio list of stations instead of scrolling through my 'Presets' which are a mix of FM Radio and XM Radio picks.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it perhaps a flaw/bug with a recent update to iDrive? Maybe I'm doing something that causes it, but I don't remember this ever happening before and I'm not doing anything different to my knowledge.
Mine does the exact same thing

I use the seat memory buttons on the door to retract the seat with position 2 before I exit so it's easier to squeeze my fat azz out, then use position 1 before starting once I get back in. At first I thought that was causing my presets to get lost, but after saving everything at the same settings in every possible memory configuration I realized it had to be something else. As far as I can tell, it's random

I have 4k on the car now, picked it up in January. I don't recall this happening back at the beginning, so it's possible it was caused by a software update. I haven't installed the one that just showed up yet, fingers crossed it will solve the issue (intentional or not).

I have figured out how to easily get the wheel buttons back to controlling the presets instead of every channel, but it's still annoying trying to do that while driving in traffic.

Prior rides:
‘99 T/A, ‘01 Vette, ‘07 Vette, ‘12 GS CE Vette, ‘16 Vette (R.I.P.), ‘18 1LE Camaro, ‘17 GS vert Vette
Appreciate 0