home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Exterior Modifications

08-18-2024, 10:08 AM   #1
Ehloo
Major
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

IND Painted Front Reflectors- Disappointed

i’ll start with this. I have been shopping at IND for years. I have always used their painted reflectors and other various cosmetic exterior items.

like before i ordered the painted front reflector, black m2 badge and painted front bumper trim.

the reflectors and badged arrive on Friday. M2 badge is oem and no issues.

Dedicated sometime on Saturday afternoon to work on the reflectors. It’s not a hard install but takes sometime. Had to get the car lifted, remove the wheel, take 3 bolts out and massage the oem reflector out with a heat gun. getting the oem reflector out is the hardest and your fingers start hurting.

my car is brand new and lucky the double sided tape stuck to the reflector. Excited i opened the IND reflector ready to complete one side.

To my disappointment the IND didn’t fit, it was slightly too long. Didn’t want to damage anything but tried different angles and its was just too long. i pulled it out and compared the oem and IND and they are different from each other. i have done this install 5 times on other cars and they usually pop right in

not sure if i was sent the wrong item or bmw changed the reflector. I have a 24 and doubt bmw would have spent the money.

i also noticed IND is not using oem reflectors and they have their own branding on the back.

i am pretty sure IND make it right but pretty frustrating going through all that just to reinstall my oem reflector
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-18-2024, 11:17 AM   #2
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Many have ordered from them with no issues. Sometimes, shit happens. Did you first reach out to IND-Distribution to let them know? They are great at handling issues and taking care of their customers.
Appreciate 3
      08-18-2024, 11:29 AM   #3
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

Personally, I'd spend $20 on factory-match paint and do it myself vs spending what they charge. Good luck getting it resolved.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2024, 12:41 PM   #4
Ehloo
Major
Rep

as mentioned i will be contacting them when they open and not too concerned that it will be corrected . just wasn’t expecting paying top dollar and having the issues.

what if i paid a shop to install them and after an hours labor wasted.

now that i know they are not using oem reflectors these are seriously overpriced

just wasn’t expecting something like this from IND. they are suppose to be standard in high quality parts. for all those knocking on companies that sell parts just rebranded from asia. Well here you have it. IND is doing the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power Rob View Post
Many have ordered from them with no issues. Sometimes, shit happens. Did you first reach out to IND-Distribution to let them know? They are great at handling issues and taking care of their customers.
Appreciate 1
      08-18-2024, 02:42 PM   #5
BroDoze
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2025 M2 LCI cometh

They just shipped the wrong item. All of these are very close in size. You probably have the G80/82 ones or something.
      08-18-2024, 03:39 PM   #6
Ehloo
Major
Rep

they say g20 on the back. assuming that’s what happened also. i’m just saying it’s frustrating going through all that. everyone makes mistakes

let’s see how they take care of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDoze View Post
They just shipped the wrong item. All of these are very close in size. You probably have the G80/82 ones or something.
Appreciate 1
      08-19-2024, 12:53 AM   #7
IND-Distribution
BMW obsessed
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post
i’ll start with this. I have been shopping at IND for years. I have always used their painted reflectors and other various cosmetic exterior items.

like before i ordered the painted front reflector, black m2 badge and painted front bumper trim.

the reflectors and badged arrive on Friday. M2 badge is oem and no issues.

Dedicated sometime on Saturday afternoon to work on the reflectors. It’s not a hard install but takes sometime. Had to get the car lifted, remove the wheel, take 3 bolts out and massage the oem reflector out with a heat gun. getting the oem reflector out is the hardest and your fingers start hurting.

my car is brand new and lucky the double sided tape stuck to the reflector. Excited i opened the IND reflector ready to complete one side.

To my disappointment the IND didn’t fit, it was slightly too long. Didn’t want to damage anything but tried different angles and its was just too long. i pulled it out and compared the oem and IND and they are different from each other. i have done this install 5 times on other cars and they usually pop right in

not sure if i was sent the wrong item or bmw changed the reflector. I have a 24 and doubt bmw would have spent the money.

i also noticed IND is not using oem reflectors and they have their own branding on the back.

i am pretty sure IND make it right but pretty frustrating going through all that just to reinstall my oem reflector
Quote:
just wasn’t expecting something like this from IND. they are suppose to be standard in high quality parts. for all those knocking on companies that sell parts just rebranded from asia. Well here you have it. IND is doing the same
Please contact our after sales staff via email for immediate assistance. Support@IND-Distribution.com

Our IND reflector cores are designed for an OEM+ fitment, minimizing gaps around the edges and enhancing compatibility with our paint work.

Historically, IND has used OEM BMW reflector cores for all applications. However, due to challenges that arose, especially during the COVID period, we decided to develop our own reflector cores specifically for painting. This decision was driven by several factors, including improved fitment, availability, and the fact that BMW began manufacturing them in China, among others.

The manufacturer we use for these reflector cores has been a trusted partner of IND for nearly a decade. Their products are installed on thousands of European cars worldwide, with very little to no fitment issues. This appears to be a matter of the incorrect reflector core, not a fitment issue.
MASHCT1154.00
zjldmd72.50
azv31113.50
      09-09-2024, 10:39 AM   #8
motorknut
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 G87

Quote:
they say g20 on the back. assuming that’s what happened also. i’m just saying it’s frustrating going through all that. everyone makes mistakes

let’s see how they take care of it
Hope they sorted it out for you. Still a bummer when this happens.

But IND does have great customer service, so at least thats reassuring.
Appreciate 0