home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications

09-06-2024, 05:26 PM   #1
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

AWE Track Edition on an auto

Looking for reviews of the AWE Track Edition exhaust, ideally with stock mid-pipe, on an auto. Specifically, is there any drone inside the cabin cruising around town in sport or sport+ or on the highway at 80-85 mph? I have a 3.5-4 hour drive one-way drive to & fro every weekend (~ 8 hours in the car).

For comparison, my Z06 has Corsa Xtreme exhaust which is crazy loud & aggressive outside the car but not too loud & more importantly, no drone inside the car. The price point of the AWE Track Edition is about the same as I paid for the Corsa, so I can justify that.

His: '23 M2, Toronto Red Metallic, M highlight interior.

'11 Callaway SC652 Carbon Edition Corvette Z06. Inferno Orange Metallic. 1 of 3.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2024, 09:20 AM   #2
shoe3k
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABCAT View Post
Looking for reviews of the AWE Track Edition exhaust, ideally with stock mid-pipe, on an auto. Specifically, is there any drone inside the cabin cruising around town in sport or sport+ or on the highway at 80-85 mph? I have a 3.5-4 hour drive one-way drive to & fro every weekend (~ 8 hours in the car).

For comparison, my Z06 has Corsa Xtreme exhaust which is crazy loud & aggressive outside the car but not too loud & more importantly, no drone inside the car. The price point of the AWE Track Edition is about the same as I paid for the Corsa, so I can justify that.
The AWE track edition doesn't have mufflers, so there will be drone because the "drone-canceling 180 Technology" is in the muffler supplied on the switchpath version.

Their midpipe (non-resonated x-pipe) starts from the secondary cats and paired with the track edition would be pretty loud.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2024, 10:59 AM   #3
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

it's expected to drone since it got no mufflers.

if that's a concern, you should get the switch path instead and pair it with catted downpipes for more sound without the unwanted noise.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2024, 05:57 PM   #4
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

I have no desire to spend $3k+ on an exhaust for this car. If I could get something similar to the Corsa Xtreme (no drone) in the $1,800 -$2k range, I'd consider it. If not, no biggie
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2024, 08:58 AM   #5
AZG87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87, 2018 Mustang GT traded in

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABCAT View Post
I have no desire to spend $3k+ on an exhaust for this car. If I could get something similar to the Corsa Xtreme (no drone) in the $1,800 -$2k range, I'd consider it. If not, no biggie
Coming from a v8 with long tubes that had both Corsa Xtremes and later AWE Touring rear with the Corsa double x still in place I get it. Those had anti drone built into the muffler design. But the AWE Track version would drone due to no muffler.

One option to consider could be an equal length mid with oem rear + plus valve controller. Gets closer to that sound valves wide open and no drone.
Appreciate 0