home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Exterior Modifications

09-07-2024, 11:20 AM   #1
motorknut
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 G87

Alpha N CF parts quality is disappointing

So i've heard so much about Alpha N's quality and fitment. Ordered their grille, and found a small section has tiny bubbles in the clear coat.

Disappointed that at the price point, this is the kind of finish they provide. The seller has been good enough to offer an exchange, but i may not wait for A-N to ship a replacement. No guarantee the next piece won't have bubbles too.

Hopefully the fitment is good. Not inclined to spend this kind of money on their parts again.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2024, 08:36 PM   #2
ourlee
Major
Rep
Drives: WTB your comfort seats

Pics?
      09-09-2024, 08:45 AM   #3
reallymarkedup
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2025 M2 status 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorknut View Post
Disappointed that at the price point, this is the kind of finish they provide. The seller has been good enough to offer an exchange, but i may not wait for A-N to ship a replacement. No guarantee the next piece won't have bubbles too.
That's kind of on you then. Why wouldn't you wait for an exchange if it's that bad? Saying there's no guarantee the next piece won't have bubbles based on the one example you've ever seen is a little dramatic don't you think?
Appreciate 1
      09-09-2024, 10:21 AM   #4
motorknut
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallymarkedup View Post
That's kind of on you then. Why wouldn't you wait for an exchange if it's that bad? Saying there's no guarantee the next piece won't have bubbles based on the one example you've ever seen is a little dramatic don't you think?
cos its not a domestic return, and that adds up to an additional 35% of what i already paid. Decided to cut my losses.

And I checked around and found out there's been similar instances.

Just sharing in case others are considering buying a high priced item for it's reputation of quality. Not sure how it's on me to have encountered a bad piece. do you go into a shop buying a rolex and expect to have to exchange it for a flaw that would have been visible during QC? I don't. It may be bad luck for me, but thank you for being so empathetic!.

Last edited by motorknut; 09-09-2024 at 10:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2024, 10:52 AM   #5
reallymarkedup
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Just sharing in case others are considering buying a high priced item for it's reputation of quality. Not sure how it's on me to have encountered a bad piece. do you go into a shop buying a rolex and expect to have to exchange it for a flaw that would have been visible during QC? I don't. It may be bad luck for me, but thank you for being so empathetic!.
I said that about your statement that The seller has been good enough to offer an exchange, but i may not wait for A-N to ship a replacement. The additional details you are providing now weren't obvious from the original post.

Quote:
do you go into a shop buying a rolex and expect to have to exchange it for a flaw that would have been visible during QC?
Yes, if I got it home and discovered a flaw that made it past QC I would expect to exchange it. That's probably the first thing I would do, versus going to the Rolex forum and filing a complaint. If I couldn't exchange it because I lived somewhere that made it cost prohibitive, I would have factored that risk into my original decision to buy the product.

Last edited by reallymarkedup; 09-09-2024 at 11:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2024, 11:00 AM   #6
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:

Agreed. Shit happens. It was not intentional nor does it mean all parts are manufactured that way. Alpha is a reputable and well known own company.

motorknut I would rest assured if you have spoken to Alpha and they know the issue, they will be sure to not ship you a replacement part with the same or any other issues. As we are talking a replacement custom grille, what is the big deal if you have to wait a few weeks?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2024, 11:04 AM   #7
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
cos its not a domestic return, and that adds up to an additional 35% of what i already paid. Decided to cut my losses.

And I checked around and found out there's been similar instances.

This sounds very off...you spoke with someone at Alpha, not a general operator, that your part was defective and they will not replace it without charging you a 35% fee?

I know people who have purchased from them and have had no issues (just making this statement as you make it sound like it's common place for them having issues).
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2024, 07:25 PM   #8
motorknut
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power Rob View Post
This sounds very off...you spoke with someone at Alpha, not a general operator, that your part was defective and they will not replace it without charging you a 35% fee?

I know people who have purchased from them and have had no issues (just making this statement as you make it sound like it's common place for them having issues).
I wouldn’t say it’s common place, but it isn’t a sole case and that is what I’m sharing.

I already explained that I have to pay additional charges for shipping due to it not being a domestic order. That’s a risk I undertook, and isn’t my main point of the post.

Great that you and your friends have had good experiences. But something as basic as clear coat defects that are visible being passed a couple of times for sale, to me is not great news. If you have actually purchased their items and seen how it’s wrapped, it’s also difficult for sellers to check without compromising the original wrapping.

If you say “shit happens” every time someone encounters an unlucky experience, no one can dispute that logic.
I’m sharing in case someone else orders a part, and risks an expensive exchnage process like mine. I paid a premium instead of AliExpress prices for peace of mind, which turned out to be a fail.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2024, 07:30 PM   #9
motorknut
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yes, if I got it home and discovered a flaw that made it past QC I would expect to exchange it. That's probably the first thing I would do, versus going to the Rolex forum and filing a complaint. If I couldn't exchange it because I lived somewhere that made it cost prohibitive, I would have factored that risk into my original decision to buy the product.
Not sure where I said it’s their fault for me having to pay for shipping. But I don’t see the problem with sharing about a poor quality piece that cleared their QC. Which is the main point.

Makes for a happy life that you are so forgiving of manufacturers and expect quality defects off the bat. . It’s also good to be curious than judgmental… next time consider asking clarifying questions before getting snarky.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2024, 08:38 PM   #10
reallymarkedup
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Makes for a happy life that you are so forgiving of manufacturers and expect quality defects off the bat. . It’s also good to be curious than judgmental… next time consider asking clarifying questions before getting snarky.
Nah, I'll get snarky whenever I feel like. If you had posted "I received a bad piece AND they told me to kick rocks when I brought it to their attention", I would have been right there with you. Pitchforks out, let's do something about this.

You got a faulty product and refused the replacement. Kind of a non-story.
Appreciate 1
      09-09-2024, 10:02 PM   #11
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I wouldn’t say it’s common place, but it isn’t a sole case and that is what I’m sharing.

I already explained that I have to pay additional charges for shipping due to it not being a domestic order. That’s a risk I undertook, and isn’t my main point of the post.

Great that you and your friends have had good experiences. But something as basic as clear coat defects that are visible being passed a couple of times for sale, to me is not great news. If you have actually purchased their items and seen how it’s wrapped, it’s also difficult for sellers to check without compromising the original wrapping.

If you say “shit happens” every time someone encounters an unlucky experience, no one can dispute that logic.
I’m sharing in case someone else orders a part, and risks an expensive exchnage process like mine. I paid a premium instead of AliExpress prices for peace of mind, which turned out to be a fail.

You must have no friends. Just listen to yourself. I would say most here who have modded cars have received a part that needed to be replaced. Yes, I have had an issue with an AWE cf intake that took over a year till they were able to replace it with a good part. I kept in communication with them, they were apologetic and went out if their way when they could.

If you spoke with someone at Alpha and you truly have a defective part, I have trouble believing they said they would replace it with a 35% price tag (unless of course if you acted to them the way you are here, then maybe you flat out pissed them off and they don't care).
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2024, 02:57 AM   #12
ALPHA-N PERFORMANCE
Private
Rep
Drives: BT92 , M3e30 , M2 G87 , M3 G81

Hello
I have to say it can always be something. We always try to deliver the best possible quality. But even we sometimes overlook something.
In this case here.
Unfortunately, we are not aware of any cases involving the grill. Perhaps no OEM part was sold here either. It all sounds very strange.
But if that is the case. Send us an e-mail with pictures and the original invoice. We'll take a look at it.
Appreciate 4
      09-10-2024, 11:06 AM   #13
motorknut
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPHA-N PERFORMANCE View Post
Hello
I have to say it can always be something. We always try to deliver the best possible quality. But even we sometimes overlook something.
In this case here.
Unfortunately, we are not aware of any cases involving the grill. Perhaps no OEM part was sold here either. It all sounds very strange.
But if that is the case. Send us an e-mail with pictures and the original invoice. We'll take a look at it.
Hi

thanks for the note. I have already been in contact with the authorised seller, who has been assisting. I can privately send you photos of the clear coat defects, but I am confident the seller would the appropriate party to handle the exchange, should I choose to proceed.

I have no issues with the seller and after sales service provided by them. They are not at fault for inherent workmanship issues. I am simply disappointed to receive the product with visible defects, considering the subsequent time spent and additional costs in order to process an exchange.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2024, 11:18 AM   #14
motorknut
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourlee View Post
Pics?
I will DM you the photos. if you aren't a picky buyer, you'll prob think nothing of it. but if i weren't picky. i'd have gone with Aliexpress instead.

If any other potential buyers want to see what i'm referring to before they take the plunge, drop me a DM.

I won't be posting to the thread since personal standards are relative, and to avoid triggering further comments on Exchange Policy instead of Product Quality.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2024, 01:27 PM   #15
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Hi

thanks for the note. I have already been in contact with the authorised seller, who has been assisting. I can privately send you photos of the clear coat defects, but I am confident the seller would the appropriate party to handle the exchange, should I choose to proceed.

I have no issues with the seller and after sales service provided by them. They are not at fault for inherent workmanship issues. I am simply disappointed to receive the product with visible defects, considering the subsequent time spent and additional costs in order to process an exchange.

What are you being an ass...the company who manufactured the part is trying to help directly. Why not take them up on it instead of still laying blame like a child. Honestly, what your "seller" should have done (and unless they drop shipped it). Why not blame your seller for sending you this supposed horrific part (which I assume are the ones trying to charge you the 35% and nit ALPHA-N PERFORMANCE as you made it seem).
Appreciate 1
aerobod4129.00
      09-10-2024, 03:10 PM   #16
ourlee
Major
Rep
Drives: WTB your comfort seats

I’m buying the light performance spoiler at $800, my taste is questionable
      09-10-2024, 06:08 PM   #17
NewToM
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 G87 Brooklyn Grey

Garage List
2024 BMW M2 G87  [9.47]
I would just like to note that if alpha-N would like to donate a spoiler for my M2 I will pay to get it painted… would even do that for the hood… just saying.
Appreciate 2
BradMX5319.50
ourlee1357.00
      09-11-2024, 07:58 AM   #18
ALPHA-N PERFORMANCE
Private
Rep

Quote:
Hi

Please send us a picture of the component
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2024, 08:58 AM   #19
motorknut
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPHA-N PERFORMANCE View Post
Please send us a picture of the component
I can’t seem to attach photos in DM, so posting to you here. Let me know if you prefer I delete.

The lighting makes it hard to capture the bumps/dimples but I’ve indicated w circles. Also included a photo where there are creases in the CF.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-11-2024, 09:42 AM   #20
ALPHA-N PERFORMANCE
Private
Rep

Quote:
I can’t seem to attach photos in DM, so posting to you here. Let me know if you prefer I delete.

The lighting makes it hard to capture the bumps/dimples but I’ve indicated w circles. Also included a photo where there are creases in the CF.
Can you please send them to our email address in high resolution ? Thank you
Appreciate 0