home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

07-19-2024, 05:50 PM   #1
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

BMW Canada M Ultimate Tour

BMW Canada is doing an M Ultimate Tour for the next few months.It is nationwide for anyone in Canada who wants to test drive an M car.

I went to a dealer just north of Toronto to do the test drive.I have been waiting since the car was released to try it out and i finally was able to today.I was only interested in driving the M2 but they also had an M4 and a X5M along with some M lite models.

I was surprised that the M2 they had actually came with the carbon fibre bucket seats.They really do look amazing.I found them to actually be quite comfortable and i didn’t have any problem sitting in them.It was getting out that was a hassle.I really don’t think that i could deal with that all day long.

I walked away very impressed with the car.The S58 just has limitless power.Its amazing just how differently it drives compared to my 2016 F87.I had a salesman with me so i didn’t turn off any of the nannies.I really pushed it around some tight turns and i couldn’t get the tail to let loose.In my original with the nannies on the tail would have definitely let loose with what i was doing today.

You definitely notice the weight difference between the two cars.They actually don’t feel at all similar.The G87 is very composed and feels very solidly built.Its a much more refined chassis that you can feel over the bumps and when you are on the highway.The build quality also seems excellent.The F87 feels substantially less heavy and more playful in comparison.I would describe the F87 as being more raw compared to the G87.

I’m still not totally sold on the design of the G87 but it’s basically the only BMW that i actually want now.I’m only interested in RWD and i definitely don’t want anything larger then the G87.I think it will be a great year round car to go along with my F87 that i don’t drive in the winter.Now i just have to decide when to order one.

Here is the info.There is also a contest to sign up for to win a free trip for 2 to the BMW Performance Centre in Thermal California.

https://www.bmw.ca/m-ultimate-tour
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
ando2257.50
BroDoze1523.00
KO768.00
      07-19-2024, 06:31 PM   #2
BroDoze
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2025 M2 LCI cometh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW19 View Post
They really do look amazing.I found them to actually be quite comfortable and i didn’t have any problem sitting in them.It was getting out that was a hassle.I really don’t think that i could deal with that all day long.
Exactly my thoughts.

Egress is my only issue with them.
      07-21-2024, 08:14 AM   #3
KO7
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

I’ve signed up for one of the days when they’re here in BC. Looking forward to driving the G87, as I miss my F87 and the local BMW community.

I recently purchased an Integra Type S, and curious to see how it compares.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2024, 10:28 AM   #4
SW19
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO7 View Post
I’ve signed up for one of the days when they’re here in BC. Looking forward to driving the G87, as I miss my F87 and the local BMW community.

I recently purchased an Integra Type S, and curious to see how it compares.
I’m sure you will definitely be impressed with the performance of the car.Luckily the dealership i was at had some nice rural roads without traffic where i could really push the car.I also had a CA who was totally cool with me driving the car aggressively.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2024, 11:04 AM   #5
drbachata
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2000 540i 6-speed

I see the M4 is a competition model. Was the M2 manual or automatic?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2024, 11:22 AM   #6
SW19
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbachata View Post
I see the M4 is a competition model. Was the M2 manual or automatic?
They were both automatic.It would have been nice to try out the manual in the M2.I wonder if they sometimes have a manual to drive at an event like this.I have only been to another one of these events once when the M2 Competition was released and it was DCT.They probably don’t want to only have a manual because the majority of people don’t know how to drive one now.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2024, 01:39 PM   #7
Basketcase
Aired Out
Canada
Rep
Drives: Currently Car-less

Thanks for the heads up! Signed up at my local dealer north of Toronto!

Planned on ordering this fall anyways, but it's always nice to take one for a free drive! And I always planned on ordering the buckets, so hopefully these use the same car for every event, because I'm dying to try them out driving!

How long do you get to drive for?

2010 E92 M3 - Track Build
2009 135i - FBO, Caged and Bagged
1980 E21 320i - Beauty!
2005 E46 M3 - Bagged
2003 E46 M3 - Track Build
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2024, 02:59 PM   #8
SW19
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketcase View Post
Thanks for the heads up! Signed up at my local dealer north of Toronto!

Planned on ordering this fall anyways, but it's always nice to take one for a free drive! And I always planned on ordering the buckets, so hopefully these use the same car for every event, because I'm dying to try them out driving!

How long do you get to drive for?
It was about 30 minutes but it probably depends on the CA that is going with you.We first went out on the highway and then did some rural roads in the area.The guy with me was in no hurry to get back to the dealership.When you first check in at the dealership the first thing they do is get a sales guy to go over everything with you because they eventually want to get a sale.I guess that’s the whole objective of these events.So you give him your info and let him know your timeline as to when you want to order one.Just be prepared to have to deal with the whole sales pitch thing.Then you go over to the BMW people that take your info and sign you in.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:17 AM   #9
WilliamMiller
Registered
Rep
Drives: M2

How was it?
Appreciate 0