home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

09-26-2024, 09:05 AM   #1
SeanJP
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 392 Challenger

PB + Oyster + Fineline Light Wood Trim?

The full name of the trim is Fineline Light Open-pore Fine Wood. This is all for an M240i xDrive.

I feel like it will further lighten up the interior, along with the Oyster leather. But not having seen it in person, I don’t know if it will clash. Another option will be to pair it with Canberra Beige.

What do you guys think of either option to go with Portimao Blue Metallic paint?
Attached Images

Last edited by SeanJP; 09-26-2024 at 09:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2024, 09:24 AM   #2
toastedoats
United_States
Rep
Drives: G42

Looks terrible.
Appreciate 1
IanH3.00
      09-26-2024, 09:43 AM   #3
JoeyJoeJo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G42 M240ix

ETTO but in my opinion, wood trim of any shade has no place in a modern sports coupe but that one especially not
      09-26-2024, 10:38 AM   #4
Littlecoupe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

If you get a chance, stop by your dealer and see if you can see a car with a wood trim in person - in a lower model like 2, 3, 4 or X3.

I rented a 2023 or 2024 4-Series a few months ago that had the wood trim. All I will say is that it just looks incredibly cheap. Even the wife commented (without me even saying anything), and she knows nothing about cars. You should see it in person and judge for yourself. Remember, on the interior, you have to stare at it all day.
Appreciate 1
PP3121373.00
      09-26-2024, 12:09 PM   #5
azrrob
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2025 M240i (in production)

I have the same color combo on order, and for the same reasons. I saw both the leather and the trim but on different cars -- but I doubt they'll be a clash.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2024, 06:09 PM   #6
SeanJP
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrrob View Post
I have the same color combo on order, and for the same reasons. I saw both the leather and the trim but on different cars -- but I doubt they'll be a clash.
Cool. Please provide your honest assessment when It arrives and post pictures. Did you go with white or beige seats?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2024, 06:24 PM   #7
SeanJP
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlecoupe View Post
If you get a chance, stop by your dealer and see if you can see a car with a wood trim in person - in a lower model like 2, 3, 4 or X3.

I rented a 2023 or 2024 4-Series a few months ago that had the wood trim. All I will say is that it just looks incredibly cheap. Even the wife commented (without me even saying anything), and she knows nothing about cars. You should see it in person and judge for yourself. Remember, on the interior, you have to stare at it all day.
I’m in Korea so i’m looking at ordering (in NC by phone) in June, three months before I come back. At some point I’m probably going to stop by BMW dealership and look around, but some of the options are probably different, and they will have Korean names for the options and colors.

The wood panels looking cheap, that’s useful first person perspective, so thank you. 👍
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 04:20 AM   #8
Pentland
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i (G42)

Make sure you see (particularly) the wood before you order. They did, IIRC, an ash wood in the F series and it looked nothing like the configurator images.

While trim and colour are subjective, I’ve always thought oyster is beige; and that’s not a good colour anywhere. Wood in cars belongs in Jaguars, Bentley’s and Rolls - along with a tweed cap or outside the vehicle Chevy Chase style.

I think you’d loose out on resale but hey, you don’t always buy a car for the next person.

PS white leather in BMW is usually Ivory. It’s lovely!
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 04:45 AM   #9
SeanJP
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentland View Post
Make sure you see (particularly) the wood before you order. They did, IIRC, an ash wood in the F series and it looked nothing like the configurator images.

While trim and colour are subjective, I’ve always thought oyster is beige; and that’s not a good colour anywhere. Wood in cars belongs in Jaguars, Bentley’s and Rolls - along with a tweed cap or outside the vehicle Chevy Chase style.

I think you’d loose out on resale but hey, you don’t always buy a car for the next person.

PS white leather in BMW is usually Ivory. It’s lovely!
Thanks for the heads up, and I think you’re right. It’s going to be a while before I order so I’m just kicking around ideas. What do you think of oyster with PB?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 04:46 AM   #10
TheStoka
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 G42 M240i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentland View Post
Make sure you see (particularly) the wood before you order.
I second this, my friend has an M340i with the Finewood oak trim. Through that looked terrible on the configurator.
When he got the car I was actually a big fan, very subtle but also really nice quality.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:49 AM   #11
Pentland
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i (G42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanJP View Post
Thanks for the heads up, and I think you’re right. It’s going to be a while before I order so I’m just kicking around ideas. What do you think of oyster with PB?
Personally, I’m not a fan of beige or congnac but the latter works better.
Red is always quite sporty- go Spider-Man.
Appreciate 0