home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Exterior Modifications

09-25-2024, 02:57 PM   #23
rons e92
60-130 Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

I wanted to wait a little bit before chiming in here and see what Alpha-N says.

Nothing but quality in my experience.

I'm not trying to throw shade at you, but I think you're being a little bit-picky. I understand it being you spend $2k+ on a part like I did, but you need to really understand how nearly impossible it is to get perfect clear on CF, ESPECIALLY on a part like this with a ton of angles.

They have to clear, sand, clear, and sand again until it levels out, because CF is not flat. It gets to the point where you will realize finishing returns. How many times do you expect Alpha-N to sand and reclear these parts?

The reason the parts are so expensive is because of the quality control. Look at the complexity of the component you're holding.

I had assumed that your issues were much more significant, but after seeing the photos and Alpha-N offering you a replacement, there isn't much else anyone can offer you.

Good luck, sorry you weren't as happy with your experience as I was.
Appreciate 1
BradMX5345.00
      09-26-2024, 11:02 AM   #24
motorknut
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rons e92 View Post
I wanted to wait a little bit before chiming in here and see what Alpha-N says.

Nothing but quality in my experience.

I'm not trying to throw shade at you, but I think you're being a little bit-picky. I understand it being you spend $2k+ on a part like I did, but you need to really understand how nearly impossible it is to get perfect clear on CF, ESPECIALLY on a part like this with a ton of angles.

They have to clear, sand, clear, and sand again until it levels out, because CF is not flat. It gets to the point where you will realize finishing returns. How many times do you expect Alpha-N to sand and reclear these parts?

The reason the parts are so expensive is because of the quality control. Look at the complexity of the component you're holding.

I had assumed that your issues were much more significant, but after seeing the photos and Alpha-N offering you a replacement, there isn't much else anyone can offer you.

Good luck, sorry you weren't as happy with your experience as I was.
i only shared the imperfections that would be visible during QC. I did not mention other damage that could have occured during packing/shipping. Not the point of the story.

Glad you had better experience with your lip. But I do find your comments contradicting -
expensive cos of quality control,
but also don't expect A-N to have the expertise to paint a perfect gloss coat every time..
and also QC is expensive so they can't make every part perfect
(but isn't that why we pay so much? to compensate for that effort?)

To be clear - I was willing to pay top dollar because its a highly rated manufacturer , since I would be incurring significant tax and shipping costs. I value time and quality, and paid good money thinking i'd get that. My incident could be less common compared to what 95% of genuine buyers experienced - I am just making sure the 5% is also represented.

In terms of the finish - i would have gone with a cheaper variant if I wasn't picky, at < 1/3 the final A-N cost to me.

To be clear, A-N has not offered an exchange - made the mistake of following up directly since they asked to but they seem more upset these defects were posted online than anything else. Overall a disappointing first time with the brand but will write this off. I would encourage anyone shopping for this brand to get it through a reliable dealer who will manage any potential comms with A-N.

Also surprised how so many thread commenters seem to relish the opportunity to spend more time (and $$) on returns, or fixing up these blemishes. Its not worth more of my time imo. Anyone who feels differently is welcome to buy the grille off me at cost and knock yourself out.

Not sure why some of you feel the need to jump on the guy who is sharing a bad luck story, and ridicule the justification. (see the thread by the guy who wasted time trying to install a part that was incorrect from the seller, and how many ppl shat on him for sharing that story).
Real class acts. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullying

Looking at the senseless responses and insults directed at me, I hope what I shared at least benefits some other owner in a similar shopping situation as I was. Just as I am done shopping with A-N, I'm done with this thread.

Last edited by motorknut; 09-26-2024 at 11:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:16 AM   #25
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorknut View Post
i only shared the imperfections that would be visible during QC. I did not mention other damage that could have occured during packing/shipping. Not the point of the story.

Glad you had better experience with your lip. But I do find your comments contradicting -
but also don't expect A-N to have the expertise to paint a perfect gloss coat every time..

To be clear - I was willing to pay top dollar because its a highly rated manufacturer , since I would be incurring significant tax and shipping costs. I value time and quality, and paid good money thinking i'd get that. My incident could be less common compared to what 95% of genuine buyers experienced - I am just making sure the 5% is also represented.

In terms of the finish - i would have gone with a cheaper variant if I wasn't picky, at < 1/3 the final A-N cost to me.

To be clear, A-N has not offered an exchange - made the mistake of following up directly since they asked to but they seem more upset these defects were posted online than anything else. Overall a disappointing first time with the brand but will write this off. I would encourage anyone shopping for this brand to get it through a reliable dealer who will manage any potential comms with A-N.

Also surprised how so many thread commenters seem to relish the opportunity to spend more time (and $$) on returns, or fixing up these blemishes. Its not worth more of my time imo. Anyone who feels differently is welcome to buy the grille off me at cost and knock yourself out.

Not sure why some of you feel the need to jump on the guy who is sharing a bad luck story, and ridicule the justification. (see the thread by the guy who wasted time trying to install a part that was incorrect from the seller, and how many ppl shat on him for sharing that story).

Looking at the senseless responses and insults directed at me, I hope what I shared at least benefits some other owner in a similar shopping situation as I was. Just as I am done shopping with A-N, I'm done with this thread.

Well, you did take the Ahole approach and publicly bashed them BEFORE contacting them and giving them the opportunity to rectify it. To make matters worse, you continue to bash them.
Appreciate 3
BradMX5345.00
rons e921722.00
aerobod4132.00
      Today, 01:30 AM   #26
ALPHA-N PERFORMANCE
Private
Rep
Drives: BT92 , M3e30 , M2 G87 , M3 G81

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorknut View Post

Unfortunately, what you write is not true...
We have really tried to help you. But our questions have not been answered. I still haven't received any information from the dealer who sold the grill.
We are not angry. But disappointed. Why you write something here about the quality of our carbon (it's a clear coat issue) and that doesn't happen in our house!
Maybe the problem is the dealer. But as I said, we have no information. Our distributors are in constant contact with us and of course we always try to satisfy our customers. Because mistakes can always happen!
I don't think anyone here is picking on you because you share your experiences. Nobody should insult you either - it doesn't have to be!
But I think you could have solved it differently.
We are not happy that you are so unhappy. That's all we can say
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:44 AM   #27
ALPHA-N PERFORMANCE
Private
Rep
Drives: BT92 , M3e30 , M2 G87 , M3 G81

I must add that this should not be misunderstood. Even if the clear coat is not painted in-house. It is of course still our responsibility!

As I said, the normal route is via the dealer and then to us. Then we try to solve it.
But if we read something here without knowing anything about it, it's just not nice.
Appreciate 0