home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

09-23-2024, 05:20 AM   #1
GWBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 2025

Tracking update times

Hi everyone,

I've been following the tracking threads but haven't found a clear answer to my question. I've tracked a boat that I believe is carrying my car. I'm a UK customer, so we don't receive specific updates.

The boat arrived at my destination port on Saturday at 5 PM. When I checked Genius Chat, the car's status was still showing as at sea (nearly 48 hrs).

Is this normal, or should the information have been updated by now? The boat has already left the port for Germany, so I expected my car to be scanned and its status updated immediately after it was offloaded.

Thanks!

George (an inpatient M2 owner )
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2024, 11:39 AM   #2
Cardhappy
Rep
Drives: F36 435d

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWBMW View Post
Hi everyone,

I've been following the tracking threads but haven't found a clear answer to my question. I've tracked a boat that I believe is carrying my car. I'm a UK customer, so we don't receive specific updates.

The boat arrived at my destination port on Saturday at 5 PM. When I checked Genius Chat, the car's status was still showing as at sea (nearly 48 hrs).

Is this normal, or should the information have been updated by now? The boat has already left the port for Germany, so I expected my car to be scanned and its status updated immediately after it was offloaded.

Thanks!

George (an inpatient M2 owner )
There’s more chance of Tottenham winning a trophy than your car not being at Southampton. You’ll be in your car this time next week..
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2024, 06:05 AM   #3
Avocet123
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mini cooper s

I ordered over a month ago (UK) ,so how do i check / track my order is it just from the dealer ?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2024, 10:19 AM   #4
BradMX5
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 MX5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avocet123 View Post
I ordered over a month ago (UK) ,so how do i check / track my order is it just from the dealer ?
You can track it in the bmw my garage website but it’s been down for over a week now… you can always ask who you placed your order through or reach out to Genius with your order number.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2024, 02:38 AM   #5
Cardhappy
Rep
Drives: F36 435d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avocet123 View Post
In the uk you can’t track through the website. Your best bet is to contact genius chat on the BMW.co.uk webpage and they will tell you where you are up to. Once you eventually reach port of departure, you look to see what ships via nykroro website, you could be on. Cars either leave Altamira or Veracruz ports to Southampton. About 4 days out of port Genius will update to “at sea” and you can work out which ship you actually are on.

Appreciate 0