BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Exterior Modifications

Today, 01:46 PM   #1
SpaceGhost
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 740i xdrive

Gloss black or Carbon fiber? Which way to go?

Hello all,

Sorry for the long post but I could use some advice and would also welcome any pics/examples....

I just placed my order for a 2025 M2 with the following specs:

Alpine White
Black/red interior
Carbon fiber interior trim
Live Cockpit Pro
Shadowline lights/lighting package
Bicolor wheels
6 speed manual

Color was really a tough choice. I would have done Toronto Red if offered but sadly not available for 25. Vegas red looks good in some shots and ho-hum in others. I had an M240 in Brooklyn Gray which is a great color but didn’t want to rehash that on the M2. My favorite color is Frozen Gray but I just can't commit to the upkeep. My cars go through car washes etc and I doubt the frozen paint would do well with that. So I chose clean classic Alpine White.

I think Alpine is a great color but, as others have said, it needs contrast to make it work.

I did not option the CF roof because I like having a sunroof.

So, in an effort to get the contrast and pop I am looking for, I have a couple of ways to go:

Plan A: wrap the roof in gloss black ppf, add a gloss black mp style spoiler, and possibly a gloss black front lip. This plan would also be the least expensive to execute.

Plan B: swap antenna cover to CF, add CF MP style spoiler, CF mirror caps, maybe CF lip. I dont want to do a fake CF roof wrap. Just don't feel right about it. This would keep the white roof but have several CF accents. This plan could be significantly more expensive to execute than the gloss black path.

In my head, i think either will look good but not sure how it will come together in real life. Really not sure what direction to go.

Please help me decide. Looking for ideas, pics, cautionary tales etc.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0