home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-24-2010, 11:51 AM   #23
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep
Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

I got the same ticket two days ago. Lame. Meter read 17% and legal is 35%. I'm supposed to fix it by next week and call the sherrif to inform him or he'll write the citation at that time.

My thoughts are this is the 1st time I've been pulled over for tint in 4 years in this vehicle, and stripping & retinting vehicle all the way around will cost me $400+, so I'm thinking of just taking the citation and going on my way. The ticket wont affect your driving record as it's non-moving.
      02-24-2010, 12:07 PM   #24
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

semi-unrelated, but i got 2 tint tickets in plano for double limo on my acura and never anywhere else.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 12:34 PM   #25
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Wow. No.

One thing you can do is move to Mexico. I hear their justice system just might be corrupt enough for you to fit in just fine.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 01:04 PM   #26
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Wow. No.

One thing you can do is move to Mexico. I hear their justice system just might be corrupt enough for you to fit in just fine.
Or, instead of elaborate scams to fool the judge, just do it like they do in Chicago and pay someone off! It's much quicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 01:17 PM   #27
jhv
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by number335 View Post
$200 really isn't worth the risk of making up a story in front of a judge even if you could get away with it.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 01:18 PM   #28
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
Or, instead of elaborate scams to fool the judge, just do it like they do in Chicago and pay someone off! It's much quicker
Yeah my path in life took me from Detroit to San Diego (with a couple trips to Iraq in there) to Chicago. So I've been around for some pretty corrupt or screwed up political situations.

I should show this thread to Blago or Kwame and see what they have to say about it. I think they'd be impressed with the effort this kid's willing to put into tricking the system to get out of a $200 ticket. He could have a bright political future in this country.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 01:32 PM   #29
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
You're reasoning is generally retarded.

It doesn't matter if you're looking at the light meter or not.

Sure, the tint looks lighter with the windows down. BUT ITS STILL 5% TINT. You know whats looks even lighter with the windows down? Legal tint.

You're in the wrong. Just man up.

Get your shit retinted to something legal and plead some BS no seat belt ticket or something. Either way its going to cost you.
I didn't have a front license plate, but was told at the same time to remove my tint... I guess I was "lucky." $10 fix-it ticket, and my dad removed the tint himself... with a razor.
      02-24-2010, 01:50 PM   #30
BIMMER//DRIMMER
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 330i 06

Garage List
06 330i  [0.00]
i didnt read all the responses so i'm not sure if someone suggested this but see if u can find a car thats identical to urs without tints...take pics of it and mail it in as "proof" that u took off ur tints.

the dude that tinted my car suggested i do this if i ever get a ticket
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 01:55 PM   #31
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Yeah my path in life took me from Detroit to San Diego (with a couple trips to Iraq in there) to Chicago. So I've been around for some pretty corrupt or screwed up political situations.

I should show this thread to Blago or Kwame and see what they have to say about it. I think they'd be impressed with the effort this kid's willing to put into tricking the system to get out of a $200 ticket. He could have a bright political future in this country.
haha! well really its not much effort...i tint windows so the tint job is the least of my worries. i can redo my entire tint for like 40 bucks...i was just trying to get out of a $200 ticket that costs more than my last speeding ticket.

i guess tho i'll just try and get it reduced...its not like i have all the time in the world anyways to sit at a courthouse in the middle of no where when i should be at school
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 01:57 PM   #32
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER//DRIMMER View Post
i didnt read all the responses so i'm not sure if someone suggested this but see if u can find a car thats identical to urs without tints...take pics of it and mail it in as "proof" that u took off ur tints.

the dude that tinted my car suggested i do this if i ever get a ticket
yea so many ppl get to do this..however when i called the court the lady said it was not a fix it ticket and they wont dismiss it if i take the tint off...idk if she just doesnt know enough or if they really wont dismiss it if i take care of it...either way i just didnt wanna pay $200
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 02:59 PM   #33
Aija
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335Coupe 6-Speed!

you guys are lucky that u can at least tint your windows down to 35%.... i tinted my windows to 35% all around (except the windshield of course) and got a fixing ticket for it the same week.....lol
Appreciate 0