09-25-2024, 12:54 PM   #23
mrdudley
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABCAT View Post
:There's nothing in any of the M CS variants that really warrants their significant price increase over the standard car. It's nothing you can't add for much less & not have to jump through hoops to hopefully try to obtain.

Unfortunately, stock performance has gotten so high in the standard models of performance cars, the difference between the base & hi-po variants is so minimal, yet manufacturers are drastically increasing price on the higher models.
This is true with almost any industry though. Wine, cosmetics, electronics, basically pick anything.

Performance/Quality does not scale linearly with Price. Price always increases at a faster rate.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2024, 01:17 PM   #24
Bumpinjeep
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JABCAT View Post
I guess for all the owners that race at the Nurburgring, it'll be special then. I never understood why owners brag about track times, they didn't run them. :

There's nothing in any of the M CS variants that really warrants their significant price increase over the standard car. It's nothing you can't add for much less & not have to jump through hoops to hopefully try to obtain.

Unfortunately, stock performance has gotten so high in the standard models of performance cars, the difference between the base & hi-po variants is so minimal, yet manufacturers are drastically increasing price on the higher models.

Simple example is the current Corvette. A fully-optioned Z06 is almost $90k more than a fully-optioned Stingray, yet the performance differences between the two are nearly nothing. Same will be true of the CS.
I would honestly recommend going to a BMW driving school to see the limits of your standard M car. They are so damn high that even if you think you need a CS/L/GTS/3.0/Guggenheim edition, you don't lol.
      09-25-2024, 07:31 PM   #25
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep View Post
I would honestly recommend going to a BMW driving school to see the limits of your standard M car. They are so damn high that even if you think you need a CS/L/GTS/3.0/Guggenheim edition, you don't lol.
100%
Appreciate 1
Bumpinjeep6028.50
      Today, 07:09 PM   #26
OneTwo3
Private
Rep
Drives: Toyota Camry

I just got an update from my dealer—they only have one person on their waiting list, so I can place a deposit and be #2. Now, my dilemma is whether to go for that or opt for a G80 M3CX instead with the options I want. Since I live in Michigan, the M3CX would be nice for winter driving. On the other hand, I could go with the CS and just use my reliable Camry on the really snowy days. Either way, both options will cost around $95,000....I hope.

Anyone have insight on what the cost of the CS will be?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 08:26 PM   #27
BradMX5
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 MX5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTwo3 View Post
I just got an update from my dealer—they only have one person on their waiting list, so I can place a deposit and be #2. Now, my dilemma is whether to go for that or opt for a G80 M3CX instead with the options I want. Since I live in Michigan, the M3CX would be nice for winter driving. On the other hand, I could go with the CS and just use my reliable Camry on the really snowy days. Either way, both options will cost around $95,000....I hope.

Anyone have insight on what the cost of the CS will be?
I’d say $100k+

M2 about $20k cheaper than M4
M4 CS around $125k

Appreciate 0