bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) App, Nav, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

06-20-2022, 06:07 AM   #23
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by allfitat55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
Thank you I'm sure it will be in the advanced area in Bimmercode as you have access to pretty much everything there that is editable. I'm not in that level of IT but I'm sure there are a few who can do that. One of our friends here is an Aircraft Engineer and coder and the go to guy for difficult stuff like that so I'm going to ask him to have a look and see what happens.
If it can be done with stop start and other menus it's just a matter of knowing where to look
Look like the G20 owners are getting it done via BMW with OTA pending. Not sure if this will filter down to G42 or our region. https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...297&page=5
Quote:
Originally Posted by allfitat55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
Thank you I'm sure it will be in the advanced area in Bimmercode as you have access to pretty much everything there that is editable. I'm not in that level of IT but I'm sure there are a few who can do that. One of our friends here is an Aircraft Engineer and coder and the go to guy for difficult stuff like that so I'm going to ask him to have a look and see what happens.
If it can be done with stop start and other menus it's just a matter of knowing where to look
Look like the G20 owners are getting it done via BMW with OTA pending. Not sure if this will filter down to G42 or our region. https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...297&page=5
The latest BMW firmware is in March 22 and it retains that problem. It's here to stay unless coded out
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2022, 06:55 PM   #24
bmwman4life11
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 s1000rr/ 2022 M240i

geez I guess im lucky that I turned it off once and its never come back on
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 01:43 AM   #25
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwman4life11 View Post
geez I guess im lucky that I turned it off once and its never come back on
It looks like this is a regional setting and you won't have to put up with this in USA, unfortunately we do here in Australia and no doubt UK as well
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 05:05 AM   #26
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

It will be a sad day if/ when this ISA becomes mandatory.
It’s tough argument as you are basically saying I want to exceed the speed limit

How are manufacturers like Ferrari/ Aston Martin to name a couple going to sell cars if they are limited? Let alone performance cars like BMWs being discussed here

It really feels like governments don’t want you have a car
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2024, 10:03 PM   #27
No-username-220i
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 220i

As I’m in Australia, mine resets so I have set it as a shortcut in the first position on the list and if I forget to turn it off before I drive, I can click up on the idrive wheel then push down (Enter) to turn it off without ever looking at the screen.
Appreciate 0