Are you referring to the 240 or 230?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2024, 04:12 PM   #24
logjamexcalibur
Rep
Drives: ‘22 230i m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick435 View Post
I'd like to piggy back off this thread, but have a question about the staggered tires for the 230 and if they are worth it on that car. I'm not a fan of any of the 2025 wheels, so was thinking of just getting the 780's/848M's and then buying stock size 792M's separately unless the staggered is better on the 230.
depends on how you drive I suppose. I’ve only driven my 230 which has the staggered setup, and I like to corner… enthusiastically, so more width for my driven tires is worth it for me. As is the m differential, but YMMV. Maybe if you want more slide-ability, the narrower square setup would be better?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2024, 10:14 PM   #25
VegasG42
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli371 View Post
i haven't seen anyone mention the top speed limiter and sprint mode which would be included - at least here you go from 130mph to 155mph
You just have to select the non-run flat performance tires. That gives you the 155

130 mph is for the run flats
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2024, 05:27 AM   #26
spursmat
Rep
Drives: Audi TT Quattro 45

I’ve got a 23MY M240 in the UK without the M Technology Pack. I have the 893M wheels with P4S tyres and the rears are wider. (255 IIRC)

I have just ordered a 25MY M240 and the packs are obviously different this time round. I’ve specced the same wheels as an option but will they still come with the P4S tyres?

The M Technology Pack on the UK configurator has a requirement of the 893M wheels and it’s only £315 so I assume it’s just the cooling and brakes upgrade.

I’m sure I’ve read that UK/European cars with the additional oil cooler actually have a factory fitted undertray, I.e. it’s not exposed?

The TLDR is having read this thread there seems to be an argument that the upgrade is worth it even if you don’t want to track the car.
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2024, 05:33 AM   #27
Pentland
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i (G42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursmat View Post
I’ve got a 23MY M240 in the UK without the M Technology Pack. I have the 893M wheels with P4S tyres and the rears are wider. (255 IIRC)

I have just ordered a 25MY M240 and the packs are obviously different this time round. I’ve specced the same wheels as an option but will they still come with the P4S tyres?

The M Technology Pack on the UK configurator has a requirement of the 893M wheels and it’s only £315 so I assume it’s just the cooling and brakes upgrade.

I’m sure I’ve read that UK/European cars with the additional oil cooler actually have a factory fitted undertray, I.e. it’s not exposed?

The TLDR is having read this thread there seems to be an argument that the upgrade is worth it even if you don’t want to track the car.

The configurator shows the PS4s come with the 893 wheels.

In the UK, you can have the wheels (an additional ~£900] without the pack but not the pack without the wheels. Note, if you select the wheels, the pack is £315 more (plus taxes) but otherwise it’s about £1500 because you have to have the wheels as well.
We also don’t have an under mounted cooler. Ours is behind the front vents.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2024, 05:42 AM   #28
spursmat
Rep
Drives: Audi TT Quattro 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentland View Post
The configurator shows the PS4s come with the 893 wheels.

In the UK, you can have the wheels (an additional ~£900] without the pack but not the pack without the wheels. Note, if you select the wheels, the pack is £315 more (plus taxes) but otherwise it’s about £1500 because you have to have the wheels as well.
We also don’t have an under mounted cooler. Ours is behind the front vents.
Ah, nice to know thanks. The horror stories of that undermounted cooler have put me off in the past!

I can’t say I dislike the brakes on my current car but given the weight I wouldn’t complain if they were a bit more powerful. I know it’s subjective but aside from the cooler issue (which we don’t have) are they any negatives to the “upgrade”?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2024, 06:15 AM   #29
Pentland
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i (G42)

Quote:
Ah, nice to know thanks. The horror stories of that undermounted cooler have put me off in the past!

I can’t say I dislike the brakes on my current car but given the weight I wouldn’t complain if they were a bit more powerful. I know it’s subjective but aside from the cooler issue (which we don’t have) are they any negatives to the “upgrade”?
Bigger brakes aren’t “more powerful” and won’t help with stopping wrt to the car’s weight! Tyres will.
Only negative is that any upgraded or larger components will be more expensive to replace when they wear.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2024, 06:12 AM   #30
PosterNutbag
Rep
Drives: Counting down to a 2025 230i

Quote:

Yeah. This has been quite the discussion. I’m opting to not get the upgrade. Tracking the car would be rare and I’m close to some really nice driving roads that will give me enough satisfaction without going crazy on track. With standard upgrades and the B58 the car is a beast. Now I’ve got some extra money for M Performance aero parts. I really like the carbon fiber rear wing.
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2024, 11:57 AM   #31
Dinosoar
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 230i M Sport

Garage List
2022 BMW 230i  [0.00]
Nah, don't get it...no track work, no need for the ZTK package. I think you can resolve the 225 tires up front with another solution. I wholly agree 225s are just not enough tire. I have 255s (square) on my 230 and it just turns in so well, brakes so much better...just love it!

If you like the subjective aspect of the bigger brakes, and don't plan to replace the tires on your own, then it'd be worth it, IMO.
Appreciate 1