12-01-2023, 12:50 PM   #23
ninja_geezer
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i G42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith_C View Post
My E46 M3 was the same, 8 yrs old when I sold it and never had this problem. Keeping an eye on mine now!!
i Don't care what anyone says if it can catch on opening the door normally its a fault by design .....can you imagine asking a passenger excuse me can you open the door really slowly as it may damage the rubber .....FFS....
Appreciate 2
      12-01-2023, 03:33 PM   #24
blueshead
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G42 M240i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_geezer View Post
many thanks will try some of the bilt hamber surfex.will get the strips replaced in the meantime via the dealer.also thought about a ceramic coating on the strips
To be fair, would only help if you notice the window dragy enough to slow the descent as you're opening the door, if you're window is not dragy then I doubt it make a difference.
Appreciate 1
      12-08-2023, 06:57 AM   #25
Bandit009
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_geezer View Post
Anyone else seeing this starting to happen ?
1300 miles and not 8 weeks old part of the rubber type material (not Rubber) has torn away as its where the window catches slightly on opening, checked the other side not torn yet but does sometimes catch slightly on opening ,on my f22 in 3 years never had this issue let alone 8 weeks.....the material is a hard composite I guess .
dealer has pics and is looking into it ....im hoping now its actually plucked the small bit of material away it wont get any worse ,cant be doing with water ingress.
I have this too. Not as bad as shown in your pic.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 02:37 PM   #26
ninja_geezer
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i G42

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshead View Post
To be fair, would only help if you notice the window dragy enough to slow the descent as you're opening the door, if you're window is not dragy then I doubt it make a difference.
drivers side window squeals bad near the bottom on opening and closing since new not sure if its the glass dragging.
Appreciate 0