BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

01-15-2024, 10:19 AM   #23
Pentland
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i (G42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexC2er View Post
All the approved star winter tires are run flat? I only saw the 225 and 255 conti run flats.
Yes. Winter tyres tend to be run flats anyway. The Conti SSR S * are the correct ones.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2024, 03:29 PM   #24
I1PUTT
Rep
Drives: 2024 m240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by rons e92 View Post
Springs and spacers should be first IMO. It just completely changed the way the car looks. In white, you're really going to want that once you see the inset wheels and 4x4 stance.

I went with Dahler springs on my M240i. For spacers, I'd suggest Future Classic. I had Dinan spacers on my G42, but when we put it back to stock it was clearly evident the spacers were rotating between the wheels. It's for this reason my G87 (and any future BMW I buy) will wear Future Classic spacers. They bolt to the hub and can not physically rotate. 10mm on all four corners was the setup I went with.

I had the Eventuri intake, I think you're right on the money there. My G87 also has Eventuri intakes.

I had the Active Downpipe. Again I think you're on the right track there. The difference in sound is incredible. Dare I say, it sounds GT3-ish. The sound is clean, not overly loud, and it's a great tone. You'll really love it until you're around other BMWs with exhausts and it might leave you wanting more. Active also guarantees no CEL. My G87 also has AA DPs (paired with their equal length midpipe and the OEM muffler).

I had a JB4 on my G42. I have a Racechip GTS Black on my G87. The JB4 would have allowed me to clear the CEL from the DP, Racechip can't do that, so probably another reason to go with Active over FI.

And about the Racechip, plug it in, significantly more power, and no ability to mess with settings and nuke your engine. It's a great product at a great price.

Your cosmetic mods, that's all you my friend. Beauty is in they eye of the beholder. I went with all OEM carbon on my car, but I also had the stuff port installed.

The only thing you're missing that I'd suggest buying is the paint matched front reflector deletes from IND.

I had Dinan strut tower braces that I ordered, received, and traded the car for the M2 before I ever installed them.

My car had the ZTK package. My plan was to use the stock wheels for winter tires and I had a set of Apex VS5RS wheels that I'd rock when the weather was nice. A note about those wheels, they click. It's an audible clicking noise that Apex doesn't disclose. They clicked on my car and they click on the M340i they're on now.

I included a picture of my former G42 on the ZTK wheels with all the other mods I mentioned. Hope it gets you excited for yours.

Your car is going to be awesome. Congratulations!
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I was hoping to get feedback down the list of the items that I mentioned from someone that went through the process on their car. Thanks for the heads up on the IND reflector delete, I found that last night doing some research and added it to my ever-growing list.
Appreciate 1
rons e921728.00
      01-15-2024, 03:52 PM   #25
I1PUTT
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rons e92 View Post
+1 for paint correction and if you plant to keep the car, PPF. I had the G42 corrected. I had the G87 corrected and covered in PPF right after my break in service and installation of all OEM modifications at the dealership. Although my window tint, correction, and PPF was $8,004. I understand people not wanting to spend that much on a car with a $50k-$60k MSRP.
Yeah, I know this is going to be a big ticket item. I am buying the car and plan to keep it, unless I get the itch to trade up, so to speak. We have a great detailing, PPF company here in central OH...Esoteric is their name. I know their rates won't be cheap, but the cars that go through there are amazing. Check out their website if you're bored sometime.
Appreciate 1
rons e921728.00
      01-16-2024, 04:03 AM   #26
Wasp_Factory
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i xDrive

If you use Esoteric, have them apply Kamikaze Stance Rimcoat to the wheels and calipers, topped off with Polish Angel Supersport PTFE - dream combination (and you'll need it with the wheels you've got!!). They have a video for this combo on their site somewhere which led me to try it and it is unbelievably good.

There probably aren't many detailers that deal with both Kamikaze and Polish Angel.
Appreciate 1
I1PUTT3.00
      01-16-2024, 07:34 PM   #27
I1PUTT
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp_Factory View Post
If you use Esoteric, have them apply Kamikaze Stance Rimcoat to the wheels and calipers, topped off with Polish Angel Supersport PTFE - dream combination (and you'll need it with the wheels you've got!!). They have a video for this combo on their site somewhere which led me to try it and it is unbelievably good.

There probably aren't many detailers that deal with both Kamikaze and Polish Angel.
Thanks for the heads up. He covers the polish angel at end of this video.

Appreciate 0