bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

09-17-2024, 01:52 PM   #441
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
Interesting admission from Christian Horner that they basically ignored Checo's complaints...
https://www.motorsportweek.com/2024/...23-spanish-gp/
It's no surprise then that CH is supporting Checo to the hilt and man does he need it after the Baku catastrophe.
Appreciate 2
dfox1071.50
      09-17-2024, 02:26 PM   #442
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
It's no surprise then that CH is supporting Checo to the hilt and man does he need it after the Baku catastrophe.
Checo ran at Baku with a old rebuilt floor , and that improved the balance.
This means that Checo was the test mule at Baku ..
Very likely MAX will run with this floor too at Singapore .

The RB20 can be more competitive at Singapore , but for @COTA a new RB20 upgrade package is planned .
Hopefully with a flexible front wing ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick66283.50
dfox1071.50
      09-17-2024, 02:27 PM   #443
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 135i 6MT

Quote:
Wasn't a good look, that's for sure. More big dollar impacts. oof.

Curious to see how Singapore looks for him, RB looked terrible last year.
Appreciate 3
      09-17-2024, 03:57 PM   #444
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Killed by Death

Charlie and his Ferrari Daytona SP3

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick66283.50
      09-17-2024, 04:10 PM   #445
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Killed by Death

Wow just wow, Charlie knows what he wants, myself I would want gloss Rosso Red with black interior. How about you my friend,
Appreciate 2
      09-17-2024, 05:01 PM   #446
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Killed by Death

I'm too old to get in or out of that thing
Appreciate 1
M5Rick66283.50
      09-17-2024, 05:09 PM   #447
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Seems that Red Bull were going to try something else at Singapore but with the crash they are having to divert things to trying a further tweak to see if the direction is right before COTA.

As for McLaren and the rear wings, have many forgotten how far Red Bull were pushing flexi wings before they had to start bring in testing. Good luck to them as long as it meets the rules why not isn’t that what F1 is all about?

Anyway they might bring some other tests in but I suspect next year not this.
Appreciate 1
minn1914512.50
      09-17-2024, 05:59 PM   #448
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C - BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoose View Post
Did you notice that Masi didn’t stop the race to allow for fresh tyres and to let only non-contenders unwind themselves ? Weird. Something must’ve changed his mind.
It's September 2024 and you're still rattled by Abu Dhabi 2021. Or baiting. Or both.

Taking the bait to do you a favor.

There was FIA, there were warnings by FIA race director Masi ahead of the race, there were teams, there were drivers, there was a race circuit, there was a crash, there were FIA rules, there were high stakes, there was the heat of the moment, there were team strategy decisions about possible pitstops, tire changes and preserving track positions, there was a controversial race restart decision by FIA (Masi) and there was a chequered flag. During the final lap, Verstappen overtook race leader Hamilton fair and square at Turn 5 and passed the chequered flag ahead of him. Mercedes disputed the result (they even brought legal counsel to the race and used their services to file the complaint). The race stewards dismissed the complaint, applying FIA rules. Mercedes and Hamilton rest their case. End of story, but also of Masi's reputation and position as F1 race director.

"If this", "If that"... What about the other way around: in AD 67, the megalomanic Roman Emperor Nero "successfully" participated in the Olympics. He competed for example in a chariot race with a 10-horse chariot instead of the usual 4 horses (needless to say that it got him a considerable horsepower advantage). He DNF'd: he was thrown from his powerful chariot and retired from the race. Nevertheless, he was crowned as race winner on the basis that "he would have won if he had completed the race". After he died a year later, Nero's name was removed from the list of winners.

Now it's your turn to take the bait. Fair play: I gave you some ammo to spin the Nero example to your advantage.

Name:  Chariot_Race.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  1.28 MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The 2021 season...
Two words will forever define the 2021 season: Michael Masi.
Two words ?

469 laps.
Right. Let’s then recap the 2021 Abu Dhabi GP.

- Lewis Hamilton led for 51 laps
- Sergio Pérez led for 6 laps
- Max Verstappen led for 1 lap

Conclusion: Hamilton was entitled to win.
Thank you. I rest my case. Again.
Let's agree to disagree: Verstappen has deservedly won the 2021 WDC, including the 2021 Abu Dhabi race.

A couple of 2021 F1 stats about Verstappen:
  • most championship points
  • most victories
  • most podiums
  • most pole positions
  • most laps in the lead
  • most 'fastest lap of the race'
  • either P1 or P2 in every 2021 race, except:
    • Hungary: P9 (crash caused by Bottas/Mercedes in lap 1/70)
    • Azerbaijan: DNF (blown tire | P1 in lap 46/51 | had fastest lap but got no point for it because of DNF)
    • Silverstone: DNF (crash with Hamilton/Mercedes | P1 in lap 1/52)
    • Monza: DNF (crash with Hamilton/Mercedes | P8 in lap 26/53 | had fastest lap but got no point for it because of DNF)
Ahead of the 2021 Abu Dhabi race, in response to concerns, race director Michael Masi himself warned that Verstappen or Hamilton could be subject to further sanctions from the FIA if one of them decided to manufacture a deliberate race-ending collision in an attempt to engineer a favourable championship result, up to and including championship disqualification or future race bans:That same race director - condemning prior to the race any attempt to engineer a favourable championship result - took a decision during the final stage of the 2021 Abu Dhabi race. It wasn't Verstappen who has taken that race decision (just like Verstappen hasn't taken the "No further action" decision when Hamilton gained a track position and exit speed advantage by cutting the Turn 9 hairpin during the first lap of the race).

Despite its excellent skills and vast experience, Mercedes decided not to pit Hamilton for soft tires during the safety car stage resulting from the Latifi crash. And additionally, despite his excellent skills and vast experience, Hamilton misjudged Verstappen during the notorious final lap: race leader Hamilton, fully aware that he was tailgated by Verstappen in the final lap, left a considerably big gap on his left side upon Turn 5 approach: Hamilton must have assumed that Verstappen had planned an overtake attempt at a later turn. But Verstappen struck straightaway: he went for the gap and outsmarted his 7xWDC main rival in Turn 5 in a proper, WDC title worthy, way. Hamilton's Turn 5 exit speed was compromised. The end.

Mercedes appealed the 2021 Abu Dhabi final lap race decision. FIA dismissed the appeal. Mercedes has rest its case. Hamilton has rest his case.

It's your choice to allow Verstappen and/or Masi to keep on living rent free in your head because of the 2021 Abu Dhabi race. The 2021 F1 season consisted of 22 races and 3 Sprint events. It's 2024 now, about time to move on, Marcoose.

By the way, two more words defining the 2021 F1 season:

Silverstone Heist.

09-17-2024, 08:25 PM   #449
Marcoose
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 sDrive35is

Quote:
It's September 2024 and you're still rattled by Abu Dhabi 2021. Or baiting. Or both.

Taking the bait to do you a favor.

There was FIA, there were warnings by FIA race director Masi ahead of the race, there were teams, there were drivers, there was a race circuit, there was a crash, there were FIA rules, there were high stakes, there was the heat of the moment, there were team strategy decisions about possible pitstops, tire changes and preserving track positions, there was a controversial race restart decision by FIA (Masi) and there was a chequered flag. During the final lap, Verstappen overtook race leader Hamilton fair and square at Turn 5 and passed the chequered flag ahead of him. Mercedes disputed the result (they even brought legal counsel to the race and used their services to file the complaint). The race stewards dismissed the complaint, applying FIA rules. Mercedes and Hamilton rest their case. End of story, but also of Masi's reputation and position as F1 race director.

"If this", "If that"... What about the other way around: in AD 67, the megalomanic Roman Emperor Nero "successfully" participated in the Olympics. He competed for example in a chariot race with a 10-horse chariot instead of the usual 4 horses (needless to say that it got him a considerable horsepower advantage). He DNF'd: he was thrown from his powerful chariot and retired from the race. Nevertheless, he was crowned as race winner on the basis that "he would have won if he had completed the race". After he died a year later, Nero's name was removed from the list of winners.

Now it's your turn to take the bait. Fair play: I gave you some ammo to spin the Nero example to your advantage.

Attachment 3555190
1,000 words to justify a wrong. Bravo. lol
Appreciate 3
minn1914512.50
Steeler2441.00
      09-17-2024, 08:52 PM   #450
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M550i; Swift Sport 6MT; EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
interesting. i thought the FIA banned flexible wings a while back.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2024, 09:12 PM   #451
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M550i; Swift Sport 6MT; EV6 GT

Perez dad unconscious from "shock" after he crashed

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/350420...-azerbaijan-gp
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2024, 09:16 PM   #452
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C - BMW X1

Quote:
1,000 words to justify a wrong. Bravo. lol
As you seem to show recurrent signs of struggling with reading comprehension, I respectfully walked the extra mile for you with a dedicated reply. But also that assistance seems to be to no avail - this conversation can serve no purpose anymore.

However, if you fake those possible signs and the 2021 F1 season events keep clouding your mind with rambling delusional gibberish, feel free to seek professional help to find out whether the 2021 F1 season events (especially the 2021 F1 Abu Dhabi race) eventually triggered a post-traumatic embitterment disorder.

Adrian Newey - section 1:14:29 to 01:16:51:

09-17-2024, 10:09 PM   #453
Marcoose
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 sDrive35is

Quote:
As you seem to show recurrent signs of struggling with reading comprehension, I respectfully walked the extra mile for you with a dedicated reply. But also that assistance seems to be to no avail - this conversation can serve no purpose anymore.

However, if you fake those possible signs and the 2021 F1 season events keep clouding your mind with rambling delusional gibberish, feel free to seek professional help to find out whether the 2021 F1 season events (especially the 2021 F1 Abu Dhabi race) eventually triggered a post-traumatic embitterment disorder.
I wonder if this is what psychologists call projection.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:35 AM   #454
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30M View Post

I read the article and like everyone should I feel concerned at Checos dad.
The strange 'how does this story make you feel' at the end asks what are your reasons for feeling concerned, which I put..the obviously young journo who put that on ought to take a rain and brain check ?
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 03:40 AM   #455
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
I thought so also as Red Bull were warned before to get rid of them and no buts or any bending so what is going on in Paris. About time Ben Sulayem gave some straight answers.
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 08:57 AM   #456
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

A Mexican sham...

Appreciate 1
M5Rick66283.50
      Yesterday, 09:14 AM   #457
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I'm too old to get in or out of that thing
Age is just a number my friend ...

I'm more concerned about the price (!)
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
M5Rick66283.50
      Yesterday, 09:24 AM   #458
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Wow just wow, Charlie knows what he wants, myself I would want gloss Rosso Red with black interior. How about you my friend,
I have to see it in person first . Matte black or Rosso Red .

It would be my daily driver (!)

Appreciate 1
M5Rick66283.50
      Yesterday, 09:42 AM   #459
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
They added tests in a way that they thought would limit peoples ability to create flexible wings. However as with everything in F1 the best designers and engineers push those rules and tests to the limit, this is a good example of that.

Up to the FIA to design new tests that need to be added but it appears they aren't going to do that this year and only next it seems they are going to clarify things or add new test it seems. Maybe it's a sign that Red Bull aren't on the front foot they aren't following the crowd fighting other issues.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:55 AM   #460
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Age is just a number my friend ...

I'm more concerned about the price (!)
Tell that to my back 🤣
Appreciate 3
      Yesterday, 10:12 AM   #461
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 135i 6MT

Appreciate 2
M5Rick66283.50
      Yesterday, 10:13 AM   #462
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Tell that to my back 🤣
Your wife should give you a deep going massage

Appreciate 2
M5Rick66283.50