Today, 07:44 AM   #6668
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell1 View Post
What's good on apple?
Absolutely nothing. Cancelled it, it was rubbish.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 08:15 AM   #6669
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVenture View Post
Recall that BrBa started very slow and dark. A lot of people at that time hated some of the characters (Skyler, Jesse, Marie). As I recall, it really didn't get any recognition until the first season was ending, which was only 7 episodes. That is when people started to recognize the brilliance of the writing. The slow burn!

It is a very high bar.
It's quite the opposite. Breaking Bad started out safe, humorous, innocuous even. A high school chemistry teacher who was diagnosed with a terminal illness, begins to cook small batches of crystal meth to provide for his family. It was a short sighted small time hustle and a means to an end. That was it. The show devolved into something far more sinister, dark, and the bodies started to pile up as the show went on. In contrast, Ozark started out dark and twisted from Pilot and they carried it through to the series finale.
      Today, 11:50 AM   #6670
DrVenture
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M550i 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
It's quite the opposite. Breaking Bad started out safe, humorous, innocuous even. A high school chemistry teacher who was diagnosed with a terminal illness, begins to cook small batches of crystal meth to provide for his family. It was a short sighted small time hustle and a means to an end. That was it. The show devolved into something far more sinister, dark, and the bodies started to pile up as the show went on. In contrast, Ozark started out dark and twisted from Pilot and they carried it through to the series finale.
Our difference of opinion may be one of semantics. Walt's cancer diagnosis and financial desperation is what I consider "dark". His son's disability too. Depressing stuff. Every scene shot in that house was gloomy. Even the landscape was gloomy.

Dark, in this context, usually denotes gloomy, morbid and social or personal despair. Often imbued with comedic elements. The rest I agree with.
      Today, 12:41 PM   #6671
John in VA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell1 View Post
What's good on apple?
Slow Horses with Gary Oldman.
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 0