BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

05-11-2024, 08:20 AM   #67
kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozye View Post
not on my car
He’s probably only seen cars with bumpers repainted at VPC / dealer with no customer disclosure.

There is nothing special about IOMG to have it have darker rear bumpers in general.
cozye352.00
      05-11-2024, 03:28 PM   #68
Xanston
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post
He’s probably only seen cars with bumpers repainted at VPC / dealer with no customer disclosure.

There is nothing special about IOMG to have it have darker rear bumpers in general.
You're absolutely correct. IOMG is not special. it's like most cars with most colors. The rear bumper specifically because of how large the panel butt match is. Depending on the lighting and whether you're looking at the face or the flop, it may look perfect from some angles and lighting conditions, while showing a slight variance in others. Most people won't ever notice. The whole point was to let the OP know it's normal and not to stress about something he would most likely never have paid attention to, now that he's hyper-sensitive to it.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2024, 05:13 PM   #69
BimmerFix
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24' M3 Competition RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanston View Post
You're absolutely correct. IOMG is not special. it's like most cars with most colors. The rear bumper specifically because of how large the panel butt match is. Depending on the lighting and whether you're looking at the face or the flop, it may look perfect from some angles and lighting conditions, while showing a slight variance in others. Most people won't ever notice. The whole point was to let the OP know it's normal and not to stress about something he would most likely never have paid attention to, now that he's hyper-sensitive to it.
+ 1
This goes for any car/color really

Bumpers will never be 100% match even from factory . They’re plastic vs metal/alum . However most none of us can tell, needs to be very specific angles & lighting to notice.

Some more than others
      05-12-2024, 04:26 AM   #70
MADBMWX5MC
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

OP, what did you end up doing?
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2024, 02:46 PM   #71
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
I think involving the news is extremely effective, but, in this case, it only makes sense if you already own the car. I had a friend, years ago, that bought a car, at night, and it was delivered in the rain. He brought the car back the next day for the delivery detail, and they used some acid to get the water stains off of the windows. Well, they dripped some on the window sills, and it burned through the clear, and rust turned into bubbling under the window. They offered to repaint, the car has 21 miles on it. They had 4 other cars in the same color, same options, and he just wanted a new car. They refused. The next day, the news came down, and 3 on your side, was all over it. He got a new car. Second one I know of, when the Viper first came out. They were marked up like $100k. I had a friend that his dad had one. Dad went on a business trip, I drove his Supra and he took his dads Viper to the track for a few passes. The car had like 2,300 miles on it. Well, after the 3rd pass, the crankshaft broke in half. Same thing, called channel 3 after Dodge refused to give him a new car. He ended up with a new car, in the color he actually wanted.

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2024, 02:57 PM   #72
yeetyeet
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 Comp X-Drive

Garage List
2024 M3 Comp X-Drive  [10.00]
2022 BMW X5  [9.75]
I can guarantee from personal experience, it won’t show on carfax as its still in dealer possession. I bought an F250 tremor, that the pillar and windshield were damaged en route on the truck. They sold to me 500 under sticker and when they were done you couldn’t tell anything ever happened. With that being said they should allow you to confirm youre happy before signing for it.
      05-13-2024, 07:58 AM   #73
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanston View Post
Oh yeah, once you see it, you can’t unsee it. Front not as noticeable, rear is slightly darker
This is not exclusive of IOMG, my own Carbon Black, Jerez Black, Melbourne Red, and 2 Atlantis BMW had rear bumpers slightly off color from the body, new from delivery.
Attached Images

Last edited by Technic; 05-13-2024 at 08:10 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2024, 11:55 AM   #74
radm
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 6MT ordered, AR 4C Spider

I agree that there is a difference between painted plastic versus metal.

This is a random car at a dealer. I didn't notice it it person but this discussion made me go over my old photos and it is quite noticeable here:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      05-14-2024, 09:41 PM   #75
IDBGOD
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Only you can decide what's best. You always have the option to walk, and the dealer has the option to refund your deposit and sell it to someone else.

Some of these comments are funny, big discounts, and "$500 off is nothing!/not enough!" for a minor scratch. Shit Happens. Dealership can easily sell this car at MSRP as a 25 LCI in an amazing color so going in demanding or threatening things likely won't help your cause. It's not distressed merchandise.

$500 off (in addition to your 1k off already agreed to)
and a full fix to satisfaction before you finalize the purchase seems pretty fair to me. Sure, you can ask for more...but be reasonable, they appear to be being reasonable with you.

Last edited by IDBGOD; 05-14-2024 at 09:53 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2024, 02:12 PM   #76
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw

i hope op got free ccb
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2024, 05:05 PM   #77
turbojg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 G82 M4 Comp. X-Drive

You gotta love it when a person starts a tread looking for opinions and never comes back and leaves everyone who tried to help hanging on what the final outcome was.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2024, 05:42 PM   #78
Defragster
Rep
Drives: BMW m3 xdrive 2022

Holy jesus at people saying they would DEMAND 10% of MSRP or call the local news channel XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
dunno who would laugh more, the news channel on the phone or the dealer.

idiocracy and entitlement at its best

@op
If you dont want to have the bumper (its plastic) repainted, just ask them to exchange the bumper completetly painted to your color and thats it, but i dont think they would go for it due to cost.

Stuff like this happens all the time, them fixing it AND informing you + giving you bonus cash is decent enough, 75% of dealers would just repaint the plastic part and sell it without even giving you any info (not like you can check the paint thickness on plastic part, lol).
If they do it good, just take it. You dont like it, they will 100% sell to someone else without a problem.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2024, 05:01 AM   #79
turbojg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 G82 M4 Comp. X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defragster View Post
Holy jesus at people saying they would DEMAND 10% of MSRP or call the local news channel XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
dunno who would laugh more, the news channel on the phone or the dealer.

idiocracy and entitlement at its best

@op
If you dont want to have the bumper (its plastic) repainted, just ask them to exchange the bumper completetly painted to your color and thats it, but i dont think they would go for it due to cost.

Stuff like this happens all the time, them fixing it AND informing you + giving you bonus cash is decent enough, 75% of dealers would just repaint the plastic part and sell it without even giving you any info (not like you can check the paint thickness on plastic part, lol).
If they do it good, just take it. You dont like it, they will 100% sell to someone else without a problem.
Pretty sure this is a dead issue by now. The OP was supposed to have made a decision on this a week ago. Unfortunately we will probably never know the outcome.
Appreciate 0