BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications

09-24-2024, 06:43 PM   #67
Info@mad-us.com
Major General
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASHCT View Post
I was probably about 3' away from the exhaust & directly in the middle of the pipes. Any closer I thought would be too close to the bumper & not really picking up the full sound coming freely from the pipes. Should I check again with the phone in a different spot?
No I think 3 feet is perfect. The only Db I found online https://www.google.com/search?q=g87+...t=gws-wiz-serp
Appreciate 1
MASHCT1185.50
      09-29-2024, 10:10 AM   #68
MASHCT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2 BSM

So here is a shot of my bud's stock exhaust outside. The set up I have is 13db louder. This was his loudest of all his revs. Same app used for both level tests.

mike@x-ph.com
Info@mad-us.com
Attached Images

2024 M2 | BSM | 6SPD | Port-Installed M Perf HAS | MAD Axle-back Exhaust | MAD CAI with blue filters | Dinan Midpipe | Richland Forged RF-GT3R Wheels Brushed Competition Gold & machined face | AudioControl D-6.1200 Amp & DSP | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & Rear | Morel BMW-Specific Subwoofers | Lots of neat interior upgrades!

Last edited by MASHCT; 09-29-2024 at 10:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2024, 09:29 PM   #69
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

Using the Decibel X app, in the cabin with everything set to sport & the flaps open to the oem limit, ACC at 85 mph on the interstate the app was showing between 70-72 decibels.

Compared to the same settings, same speed, same interstate on Thurs with the flaps closed it was showing 75-80 decibels. This was before I moved the heat shield that appeared too close to the driver's side pipe.

For comparison my supercharged Z06 with Corsa Xtreme exhaust & 80 mil sound deadening material in the entire cabin, shows 85-90 decibels under the same speed/road conditions.
Appreciate 1
MASHCT1185.50
      Yesterday, 11:55 AM   #70
Info@mad-us.com
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASHCT View Post
So here is a shot of my bud's stock exhaust outside. The set up I have is 13db louder. This was his loudest of all his revs. Same app used for both level tests.

mike@x-ph.com
Info@mad-us.com
Excellent data! I thought 112 db for a stock car was to high.
Appreciate 1
MASHCT1185.50
      Yesterday, 11:58 AM   #71
Info@mad-us.com
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABCAT View Post
Using the Decibel X app, in the cabin with everything set to sport & the flaps open to the oem limit, ACC at 85 mph on the interstate the app was showing between 70-72 decibels.

Compared to the same settings, same speed, same interstate on Thurs with the flaps closed it was showing 75-80 decibels. This was before I moved the heat shield that appeared too close to the driver's side pipe.

For comparison my supercharged Z06 with Corsa Xtreme exhaust & 80 mil sound deadening material in the entire cabin, shows 85-90 decibels under the same speed/road conditions.
Please do it again now that it's been fixed. My previous car f80 also had a higher DB reading on highway with the valve closed vs open.

Open valves on the highway gave a less drony sound vs the open and it was the complete opposite around town. In some instances open is better when cruising at highway speeds.
Appreciate 0