Captain
Rep
Drives: M550I

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
Congrats on not getting swept in the NBA finals
Goat

I mean low expectations are still expectations
I couldn’t care less about it as I’m a Knicks fan but your bashing of this kid was ignorant. He’s one of the best players in the nba. Ironically I can’t stand him either due to his whining but I can at least be honest enough to recognize his great ability.
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2024, 06:24 PM   #91
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
Rep
Drives: '22 GR Z4 Coup '06 Z4M Rdster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliphil View Post
I couldn’t care less about it as I’m a Knicks fan but your bashing of this kid was ignorant. He’s one of the best players in the nba. Ironically I can’t stand him either due to his whining but I can at least be honest enough to recognize his great ability.
This isn't football, you don't just play one side of the court and get to call yourself one of the best.
He is a traffic cone on defense, and when you have 67% blowby rate, a traffic cone might do better .
Like I said, he is James Harden 2.0 but a little whiny brat, it's hard to watch him without getting annoyed.
Literally complains on EVERY call.
I could care less who wins, but I can call a spade a spade.
Appreciate 2
lakefront593.00
eliphil2585.00
      06-15-2024, 11:15 PM   #92
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Luka has shattered so many NBA Records at the age of 25 and whether or not you like him or not, the fact is, he is the Face of the NBA, period.
They're are many pro athletes that I dislike. But I will always give them their props because I understand and appreciate Sports and what it takes to achieve at this high level.
Appreciate 2
eliphil2585.00
      06-15-2024, 11:50 PM   #93
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
Rep
Drives: '22 GR Z4 Coup '06 Z4M Rdster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Luka has shattered so many NBA Records at the age of 25 and whether or not you like him or not, the fact is, he is the Face of the NBA, period.
They're are many pro athletes that I dislike. But I will always give them their props because I understand and appreciate Sports and what it takes to achieve at this high level.
The face?? maybe the butt
Ill Let Windhorst sum up my sentiments

Quote:
I thought it was perfect that Luka fell onto the ground there in an unacceptable position to put himself in with four minutes left with five fouls and then immediately looks at the bench and says, ‘You better bleeping challenge it,’ as if it’s the bench’s fault that he just made a terrible play. I’m standing here in the Mavericks’ tunnel. Over there is the Celtics’ tunnel. That’s where the winners are.

If Luka’s ever gonna be a winner coming out of this tunnel here, he is gonna have to use what’s happened in this Finals as a learning experience. His defensive performance is unacceptable. He is a hole on the court. The Celtics are attacking him. They are ahead in this series because they have attacked him defensively; and you’ve got a situation here where Luka’s complaining about the officiating. They have begged him; they have talked with him; they have pleaded with him. He is costing his team because of how he treats the officials.

He’s a brilliant player, he does so many things well. They are here because of how he did. His performance in this game is unacceptable and the reason why the Mavericks are not gonna win. He’s got to get over this, and the fact that he came out after the game and blamed the officials showed me he’s nowhere close yet.

So maybe over the summer, somebody will get to him because nobody with the Mavericks or anybody else in his life has, and that’s where the Mavericks are at this point. They’re never gonna get to this tunnel with the trophy if he doesn’t improve those aspects of his game.
Appreciate 1
lakefront593.00
      06-16-2024, 09:27 AM   #94
eliphil
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
This isn't football, you don't just play one side of the court and get to call yourself one of the best.
He is a traffic cone on defense, and when you have 67% blowby rate, a traffic cone might do better .
Like I said, he is James Harden 2.0 but a little whiny brat, it's hard to watch him without getting annoyed.
Literally complains on EVERY call.
I could care less who wins, but I can call a spade a spade.
I agree tha he’s a brat and needs to play better defense on a nightly basis but your original premise about him is wrong.
Appreciate 2
pikkagtr3970.00
      06-16-2024, 10:02 AM   #95
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: Whatever's in the garage

The idea that he's the face of the NBA is ludicrous. The ESPN boys promote the hell out of him but everyone else knows what he is. And now that ANT and Wemby and their ilk are taking over the league their amazing athletcism is what fans want to see.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2024, 11:08 AM   #96
eliphil
Captain
Rep

Agreed he doesn’t deserve to be the face of the league we his antics and lack of defense but every team would take him and he is a top 10 player in the league for sure. I can’t stand him or Kyrie but you have to give the guy credit for his offense
Appreciate 2