BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > DIY Guides/ Discussions

11-11-2010, 04:51 AM   #23
gasterus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternityE92M View Post
I don't know about the difference in color besides the fact that once the lights warm up, the color (kelvin temp) changes as it warms up. If one side turns on after the other, the colors will come out different. As to the driver side shutting off, you just have to re-ground the wire (black one). It's fairly simple, just cut the black wire going to the friver side and find a new ground point. I did this for a friend of mine with a 335 and it's been perfect since.

Alex is an awesome guy with great customer service!

As to my kit, I got the 3000k so ummm.... they're just yellowish to begin with.
How many ground points does an E92 M3 has? I've tried cleaning the ground and switching to the other side as instructed by Alex but still the same result.
07 M6 blk/blk, Racing Dynamics RS58 stroker with custom ECU tune, Primary cat bypassed+Akrapovic Evolution exhaust, BMC air filters, RPI air scoops, H&R springs, Dinan FRC & rear sway bar, 20" AC Schnitzer V

08 E92 M3 sparkling graphite/red, Competition pack, Innotech exhaust

Last edited by gasterus; 11-11-2010 at 05:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2010, 04:58 AM   #24
gasterus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwidjojo View Post
dari indo ya? nice

im probly gna get some professional help, and if it still doesnt fix the issue, im sending it back to alpine to get it replaced.
Hi, any updates on your Alpine hid angeleyes?? I've tried cleaning and switching the grounds but still face with the same problem. Different color temperature on both sides, to make thing worse one of my low beam hid bulb also fail on me. Most likely i will need a replacement bulb.
Attached Images

07 M6 blk/blk, Racing Dynamics RS58 stroker with custom ECU tune, Primary cat bypassed+Akrapovic Evolution exhaust, BMC air filters, RPI air scoops, H&R springs, Dinan FRC & rear sway bar, 20" AC Schnitzer V

08 E92 M3 sparkling graphite/red, Competition pack, Innotech exhaust
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2010, 01:33 PM   #25
cwidjojo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sparkling Graphite E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasterus View Post
Hi, any updates on your Alpine hid angeleyes?? I've tried cleaning and switching the grounds but still face with the same problem. Different color temperature on both sides, to make thing worse one of my low beam hid bulb also fail on me. Most likely i will need a replacement bulb.
now one of your low beams fail?? that completely sucks.
still waiting for my replacement. alex accidentally sent it to my billing address, which is my sister's address in LA.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2010, 01:34 PM   #26
cwidjojo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sparkling Graphite E92 M3

very nice house and car btw
Appreciate 0